• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xbox360 or PS3? Help!

mrmiyagii

Xbox 360 vs PS3  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Xbox 360 vs PS3

Oh noes. I won't get to play Left 4 Dead 2! Seriously, what has Valve done lately besides left 4 dead? What's in their pipeline that makes them so spectacular?

Episode 3 is Valve's Duke Nukem Forever, I'll probably have kids in college before anyone, regardless of the console gets to play it.

Besides, that article (and I use the term liberally) is over a year and a half old. I remain confident that PS3 is coming into its prime, and that developers are getting more confident in its capabilities (although I wouldn't presume to tell you your business and I would be willing to be proven wrong).

And as far as having a better library, I was shopping for video games just today and I spent some time looking through the Xbox 360 section. I can tell you that that all the games I was interested in playing were available for both consoles. And as for all the Xbox exclusives, I'd rather play Killzone than any of them (barring the Halo series, which is the only Xbox exclusive that I covet).

So I just came back from my friend's house, we went to gamestop and got MW2 for xbox 360 went back to his house and we were gonna play it, only to get hit with the Red Ring of Death. well Damn talk about boner kill, does this happen very often?

The early versions yes but the new ones no, so you don't have to worry about it.

Yes unfortunately it's hard to ignore the 360, but the PS3 is so good, especially to compliment a 360.. nerdgasm

exactly. Getting a PS3 for christmas, mainly because it's a blu ray player. I'll enjoy MGS4, Infamous, Uncharted 2 and Killzone 2 as well but it won't be my number 1 console. I probably won't ever buy a PS3 game that isn't a PS3 exclusive.

The main prob with the PS3 though is that when you're playing it, you feel like you're in a closet by yourself.

Even if you have friends on PS3, it doesn't compare to the feel of being on 360, which is very open and you can easily see what everyone else is doing, voice chat, share cheevos, etc.

And yes, unfortunately the 360's hardware is terribly unreliable and breaks like crazy. Don't let anyone who's been incredibly lucky tell you otherwise.

Step 1. Treat it like your child.

Step 2. Install every game while you play it to prevent wear on the disk drive.

Step 3. Pray.

Had no need for a BR player so we went with the 360. Only had it since September but no RROD yet. Bought the Elite and I verified that it has the Jasper chipset so I think it's all good. You can get a year of Xbox Live Gold for $35-$40, so that's not a bad deal for a year's worth of online gaming.

Don't really mind having to pay to play online because I make the kids use their birthday or Christmas money :)

The main prob with the PS3 though is that when you're playing it, you feel like you're in a closet by yourself.

Even if you have friends on PS3, it doesn't compare to the feel of being on 360, which is very open and you can easily see what everyone else is doing, voice chat, share cheevos, etc.

And yes, unfortunately the 360's hardware is terribly unreliable and breaks like crazy. Don't let anyone who's been incredibly lucky tell you otherwise.

Step 1. Treat it like your child.

Step 2. Install every game while you play it to prevent wear on the disk drive.

Step 3. Pray.

like I've said and others have said the new ones don't RRoD like the old ones because of the new chip set that they have runs about 1/4 as hot as the old ones, the reason the old ones RRoD as much as they did was because they ran a lot hotter cause the sodder to expand and contract and eventualy breaking thus RRoD.

And if anyone knows about this here it's me, I've gone through 8 (2 of which were hit by lightning and 1 was my fault) 360's now and when my current one craps out on me I'm going to buy a new 360, I have a brother that's had a new 360 since they came out and it's the only one he's ever had, and I've gone threw 2 in the same time of the old ones.

And when MS sends you a 360 back after you send your RRoD one in they send you the same version, so if you sent a new one in you get a new one back and if you send a old one in you get a old one back and that's why I have gone through so many

Archived