• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Xbox360 or PS3? Help!

mrmiyagii

Xbox 360 vs PS3  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Xbox 360 vs PS3

So, it's Christmas season and I've been thinking about getting a new console.

I know Xbox360 has it's disadvantages and advantages and vice versa for PS3.

I don't want to hear about the Specs and what not cuz i already know but I just can't seem to make my decision.

SO I will solely base my decision based on what the huddler wants me to get.

well then.... HELP!?

Coming from someone who owns both, I personally like playing games on the Xbox better. Now, don't get me wrong, the PS3 is great too, especially while having a br player, BUT if you like playing online with friends, I can guarantee most of them will be on Xbox (this is why I bought an xbox). I would say that some of the exclusive games to Ps3 are a little better than the ones exclusive to Xbox, yet that's just me. So in my opinion, if you're looking for a better online experience go with an Xbox, if not get a Ps3.

Do you have lots of online friends on XBox? If the answer is no, then get the PS3.

Oh, and get Demon Souls.;)

The PS3 is a much better deal overall. There are not many exclusives left on either side, so that's not really a major selling point anymore. Get the one that doesn't break and has a blu-ray player.

And, just FYI I'm a 360 owner who wants to purchase a PS3 soon (to have both)

I voted for PS3 but I have both. A lot depends on what kind of games you play in my opinion. I had always been a Playstation fan until Halo came out at which time I bought the X Box.

If I had to do it all over again I would go to Blockbuster and rent one than the other and see which one you like better.

If you are the typical guy you will be happy with either system.

PS3. It's a base for your home theater, is more reliable, will make your johnson bigger, and is free to play online, which is great for players like me who can't get on every night to play, because I hang out with my "friends" in places other than the online gaming community. Sure Xbox has a lot more titles than PS3, but how many of them do you actually want to play?

...I thought so.

I was a proud owner of an Xbox, and have never owned a Sony console in my life before this, but the PS3 is just all around a superior system.

As a video game developer I can tell you that the industry at large HATES developing for the PS3. It's difficult to code for and Sony never supplies the proper tools with which to use.

My own personal opinion is formed from these:

• Games made for both Xbox 360 and PS3 perform at a much better frame rate on the 360.
  • PS3 color saturation is too high. Games often look cartoony and look less realistic. (Sony-only games do look OK tho)
  • 360 has a much larger and higher quality game catalog.
  • 360 controllers are built MUCH better and do not have to be sent back to MS when the internal battery dies.
  • MS LIVE is far superior to Sony Online (used to be the other way around) guess you get what you don't pay for. Although, now there is talk of Sony charging for it's online.
  • 360 GPU is more powerful and has a better fill rate, and far more pixel and vertex processing power.
  • Xbox 360 is cheaper.

The PS3 isn't bad, it just isn't the 360. If the library were bigger than I guess the match would be closer. Maybe...

Archived