• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Drugmaker Recalls Nearly 5 Million Doses of H1N1 Flu Vaccine

SMACKDAB

I stated long ago I had severe reservations about this vaccine, and it continues to prove I had good reason. This is only one of a handful of problems they have had with it.

WASHINGTON — Drugmaker MedImmune is recalling nearly 5 million doses of H1N1 flu vaccine because the nasal spray appears to lose strength over time, federal health officials announced Tuesday.

The vaccine recall is the second this month caused by declining potency and comes as public health officials urge millions of Americans to get vaccinated against swine flu.

The action affects more than 4.6 million doses, but the vast majority have already been used, according to the Food and Drug Administration. Agency officials said the vaccine was strong enough when it was distributed in October and November.

"The slight decrease in potency is not expected to have any effect on the protective effect of the vaccine," said Norman Baylor, director of the FDA's vaccine research office. "We are not recommending revaccination."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,580932,00.html?test=latestnews

You people can say all you want, but just do some research on drugs/procedures, that have been rushed to market in the last 20 years(and that's being nice), and just look at the amount recalled, and that have killed people, and that have caused serious other medical problems only because there wasn't longevity in the study to prove it safe.

Granted on the other hand, there have been great ones, and great medical strides which I applaud.

We all know what runs anything.......and just in case you don't, I'll remind you........MONEY.

I'm all for research and development, and anything that can help cure anything. I however am not for big drug companies lining the pockets of politicians to get their drug on the market so they can become rich, at the risk of the people depending on said particular drug to be SAFE.

You people can say all you want, but just do some research on drugs/procedures, that have been rushed to market in the last 20 years(and that's being nice), and just look at the amount recalled, and that have killed people, and that have caused serious other medical problems only because there wasn't longevity in the study to prove it safe.

Granted on the other hand, there have been great ones, and great medical strides which I applaud.

We all know what runs anything.......and just in case you don't, I'll remind you........MONEY.

I'm all for research and development, and anything that can help cure anything. I however am not for big drug companies lining the pockets of politicians to get their drug on the market so they can become rich, at the risk of the people depending on said particular drug to be SAFE.

actually I agree with you.

just cant resist a tommy jone joke when I see an opening:D

Archived