• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dalton Pass Chart

mav1234

18 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

This. Not sure why anyone would expect otherwise. 

Young is being crucified by this fanbase for not looking like a 15 year vet in week 2.

15 year vet who was a starter for a long time against a depleted secondary with 58 passing attempts. Of course he put up better numbers! Huddle is Huddling like crazy…

22 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

This. Not sure why anyone would expect otherwise. 

Young is being crucified by this fanbase for not looking like a 15 year vet in week 2.

My concern is honestly less that than that I don't know that he can physically make these throws. He'll get more comfortable mentally but can he physically do it? That's the part that you can't coach.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

My concern is honestly less that than that I don't know that he can physically make these throws. He'll get more comfortable mentally but can he physically do it? That's the part that you can't coach.

It's a legitimate concern, but I think confidence would help with that a little. He just really hasn't been playing with much confidence which I'm more concerned about.

While we're at it, I'm also worried he may be a little too "even-keeled"....just haven't seen any fire. The body language is rough at times.

• Pie 5

53 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

You created an alt bro. You used to be decent. Now you’re just sad. 

You keep bringing this up like it's some kind of gotcha. I actually got banned over the CMC contract that so many people at the time rejoiced over but I knew it would bite us in the ass because we had no QB when we signed the deal.

You're doing the same thing you did with Cam except he was a generational talent. Bryce has a lot to prove to a lot of people. I hope he does. That doesn't mean I can't admit Andy Dalton looked like an All-Pro by comparison.

2 minutes ago, therealmjl said:

It's a legitimate concern, but I think confidence would help with that a little. He just really hasn't been playing with much confidence which I'm more concerned about.

While we're at it, I'm also worried he may be a little too "even-keeled"....just haven't seen any fire. The body language is rough at times.

Yeah, in the last game especially he looked to me like a guy who was second guessing himself out there a lot. He looked more comfortable in the two minutes drive when they went prevent but when they were pressuring he just looked like he wasn't comfortable throwing the ball down the field. Where he was questioning his reads or questioning his physical ability to deliver the throws I don't know.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, in the last game especially he looked to me like a guy who was second guessing himself out there a lot. He looked more comfortable in the two minutes drive when they went prevent but when they were pressuring he just looked like he wasn't comfortable throwing the ball down the field. Where he was questioning his reads or questioning his physical ability to deliver the throws I don't know.

If we're calling a spade a spade he probably wishes he landed with any other organization. 

Just now, therealmjl said:

If we're calling a spade a spade he probably wishes he landed with any other organization. 

I mean let's be honest, other than Chicago wouldn't you? I might say Washington too seeing their OL. They allowed the second highest pressure percentage vs. the Bills of any game in the PFF era. Good old Ron and his "we don't need no darn pass blocking" mentality. 😂

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, frankw said:

You keep bringing this up like it's some kind of gotcha. I actually got banned over the CMC contract that so many people at the time rejoiced over but I knew it would bite us in the ass because we had no QB when we signed the deal.

You're doing the same thing you did with Cam except he was a generational talent. Bryce has a lot to prove to a lot of people. I hope he does. That doesn't mean I can't admit Andy Dalton looked like an All-Pro by comparison.

Bryce doesn’t have poo to prove to anybody on this board. Chill out. The fact that people here have to see to believe is a part of being a fan I guess. 

Young got to the NFL and realized it wasn't school ball any more. He plays scared and the easy windows in the pocket dried up. He has a brain that can read coverages and a body that makes it incredibly hard to use any of that brain. He even has trouble pulling a Murray because he isn't athletic enough.

Sitting him with healthy is about the funniest take. Like 'he is basically a rookie' and 'he always turns it around in year 3' funny. What untapped potential is he going to discover? Another growth spurt or a better arm? Just lol.

Edited by Waldo

8 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

Most of the huddle doesn't appreciate Dalton's talent.  

This is true. Dalton has been a good QB for over a decade in the NFL.

Is he a starter today? Ideally, no. But there are worse starting QBs out there right now and I'm not talking about injured rookies. There's no question he's better than Zach Wilson right now. He certainly wasn't the reason we lost yesterday.

That said, he still shouldn't be starting over Bryce Young as long as the OL is playing at a passable level. It certainly wasn't in Seattle, though. I wouldn't be opposed to them holding Bryce out until Austin Corbett returns; at least that should help stabilize the interior OL.

It's one thing to have a rookie in Zavala struggling at one spot on the line (at least he's learning and gaining experience, in theory) but when both guards are playing like trash it forces both tackles and the center to try and compensate and has a ripple effect across the entire OL.

With this awful scheme and play calling - not to mention ZERO run game - that's a good way to ruin your #1 overall QB.