• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Selling a Car

Panthro

You can always just give it away. When you want me to come pick it up, and do I need to bring some fuses?

:D

Seriously, Auto Trader is a good magazine with good circulation. Not free like Craig's is, but it works.

Most grocery stores have billboards for people to advertise stuff on, just as you walk in the store for free(atleast they do here), you might wanna try putting some up on those if you have any that allow that in your area.

I'm selling a car and have had no luck with it on Craigslist. Wjat are some other possible avenues I should look into.

Thanks.

Have you taken it by Carmax? People often scoff at the idea, but we've had luck there twice. You may be able to make a little more selling it yourself, but to me it's worth a little cash not having to worry about any shenanigans with shady buyers, etc.

yeah, you have nothing to lose with carmax......it's free to try...craigslist people want a deal and usually don't have much cash so if you're selling for more than $4000 it's a hard sell.....why don't you call me though I may buy it...everything has value just be honest with me.

and call me we'll take it to the auction if you really want to get rid of it....

While Carmax will give you a pretty no hassle appraisal and buy your car, they definitely undercut the hell out of the real value you could see. I went to them with my Audi A3 a year and a half ago and the price they offered me was over 3 grand below what I ended up getting when I traded in the vehicle at the local VW dealership (I do understand though that you'll always get the best deal on a trade-in when its done at a place that sells the same make as you are trading in. ).

carmax can make it quick and easy, but remember Carmax has to make a profit, and to do that they can only offer you lowball prices for the convenience. If you want top dollar, you always have to sell it yourself. Trade-in prices are bogus, they can give you an inflated offer for your car because they have super inflated the price of the car you want to buy.

• 1 month later...

Archived