• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"384 yards!"

top dawg

2 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Inexperienced compared to who? The core of the Falcons team and the schemes they run have been in place for a few seasons already and since when do the Huddlers opinions of current events ever work out? Every opinion around here is so emotionally charged all the time. How many Huddlers cheered when Rhule was hired? When Newton was cut? When we traded for Darnold? The people here don't know anything more than your average couch potato.

Bryce Young has played in 2 career games as a pro and you've got people running around here like chickens with their heads cut off. Even if Bryce came out and lit the world on fire his first 2 games as a pro that still doesn't mean he would be successful in his career here. But people would be cheering and the narrative around here would be a lot different even though it would still be very much an unknown at how his career is going to go.

Are folks saying Stroud is a lock for the hall or are they saying he looks better than Bryce right now?

• Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

Are folks saying Stroud is a lock for the hall or are they saying he looks better than Bryce right now?

My post didnt have much to do with Stroud at all really. I think comparing rookie QBs especially this early in the process is comical. No two situations are ever the same. Sure you can have your opinions and draw your conclusions on how their careers are going to end up after 2 games, which is also silly but we are on the Carolina Huddle of all places so I wouldn't expect anything less.

• Pie 2

16 hours ago, top dawg said:

I haven't given up on Bryce at all yet, but my mouth 'bout fell open when I learned that Stroud had thrown for damned near 400 yards. I think that if anything, this is an indictment on Reich's play calling. Stroud has a worse line, and a so-so receiving corps that may not look as good on paper as ours, and yet he put up more yards in one game than Young has in two. 

---------------

On a way off note, funny thing: In my twelve team fantasy league, most of the dudes just keep backup QBs on the bench, so it's slim pickings with Garropolo, Tannehill, Ridder, Howell, Dobbs, Dalton, Wilson or Stroud. As Burrow 😞 is my QB & probably ain't playing Monday, I really don't have much to pick from. I picked up Stroud. 

the thing is it doesn't matter who came here, they'd be in the same predicament. hurt and cucked. this franchise is trash. thanks tepper. fug off somewhere, focus on soccer.

The book on CJ is that he's had these amazing Ohio State receivers. Which is true. But I always maintained that he's one of the reasons why. His "style" is making those receivers look good. He stands in the pocket, and releases the ball quickly to a receiver (usually) in stride. Like a well-oiled machine. My goodness, Stroud made Collins, Woods and the rookie Dell look like a formidable trio Sunday. In fact, Collins leads the league among receivers in 3rd down conversions and Woods is #3!!! I can't help but wonder what CJ would be able to do with Thielen, Chark and TMJ. After all, TMJ actually had more yards than Collins last year.

Anyway, the book on Bryce is that he's kinda like Mahommes. His savvy and ability to extend plays was 2nd to none in college. And, of course, he can make those occasional deep passes. If he can make that work in the NFL, it could be very special. But I'm not sure it's the best way to get the most out of your receivers.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, joemac said:

LOL he has some many yards because he team is getting smoked and they have to play catch up.  We have been in both our games so our QB has not had to pass pass pass against soft defenses that are just sitting back and trying to run out the clock.  Bryce and Stroud have the same number of TDs, no?  And Cam had 2 400 yard games to start his career and then ZERO for the other 10 years he played.  Also we lost both of those games and Cam had 5 turnovers....

You can rationalize it all you like. All you can do is play the hand given to you. Every QB---perhaps most QBs---can't even put up damned near 400 yards, regardless of whether their team is getting smoked or not. It's even more impressive considering the O-line and the skill players. Some of you want to act like Indy was simply out there purposely giving him yards. I watched every pass. There was no prevent defense until the last couple of minutes. 

To his credit, Stroud does anticipate well, and he's not tentative as far as letting the ball fly. But, his receivers do look to be getting more wide open, and there seem to be more quick-hitter play calls across the middle. 

Stroud hasn't been perfect, just like Bryce, but he seems to be way less tentative. I can't say with any surety whatsoever, but this is probably a combination of his mindset, the coaches putting him into a better place to succeed, and receivers who are sometimes---not all the time---wide open more than ours.

If we can get the coaching to maximize his skill set where it is now, and perhaps put a little less on Bryce's plate and feed him gradually, then perhaps he can be as productive, or even more.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

It's still a long season but so far Stroud's traits are transitioning to the NFL just fine. Those 3rd down numbers remind me of Newton though. He was damn good on third down for a long time as well.

Yeah, CJ will definitely have some bad games. I'm sure the INT's are coming soon. But the future looks bright for CJ and Houston.

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, RumHam said:

the thing is it doesn't matter who came here, they'd be in the same predicament. hurt and cucked. this franchise is trash. thanks tepper. fug off somewhere, focus on soccer.

You may be right about that. I really can't see any rookie do well if the last two games are any indication.