• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"384 yards!"

top dawg

1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

After I saw his stats the first two games, first thing I thought of was, I can’t remember who his WRs are. Yes, our weapons aren’t the best, but they are better than Houston’s and stroud is doing just fine. Bryce is a rookie, I get that, but this wr excuse is wild.

I remember after smitty left here, some of cams WRs couldn’t get open and no one outside of a handful of ppl gave a poo. Heck, some said stuff like “good qbs throw their WRs open”. Obviously not giving up on Bryce bc it’s only his second game, I did expect better, but hey poo happens. 

Well, said...  Cam's projected #1 after KB went down in 2015 was fuging Jericho Corchery.🤣🤣🤣  Cotchery literally was so slow, he looked like he was running in place most plays.😂  And people still blamed Cam for having to essentially be an entire offense.  Thank God for Ted Ginn that year, who statistically ended up being our #1 simply because he could stretch the field.  And that was a perfect comparison, because just the threat of Ginn and Cam utilizing him made that offense dangerous bc at any given time, Cam could bomb it to him or if the defense stretched themselves too far, he could just take off and run.  

We just don't have that threat with Bryce, and it isn't because of the receivers.  As I said in the other thread, our guys have beat their man over the top multiple times this year and even when Bryce attempted the pass he was WAY OFF and throws it early before the receiver has finished their move - I suspect because he's not comfortable throwing deeper passes in the first place.  And just like Cam's corps, even if you have a bunch of pedestrian WRs, if you have one Ginn, or in this case, Chark, you can threaten the defense with deep accurate passes, but Bryce is too scared and inaccurate to throw it deep.  But even that take is kind of coddling him, bc again, I've watched TMJ and Mingo beat their guys over the top and Bryce just missed them, badly.  Talent-wise, this WR group blows 2015's out of the water.  We had fuging Philly Brown getting major snaps lol.  This group is big, physical, and despite what people are saying, has athleticism.  It's how they're being utilized and it's having a guy that can't get them the ball in the right spots.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

11 hours ago, Brent Gregory said:

The stats and qb rating aren't remotely close through 2 games. Put it this way  if you could have the draft after 2 games bryce young wouldn't  be in carolina or Houston or Indianapolis.  

You might want to take a closer look at Richardson's stats. He is actually worse than Bryce in a few of the passing metrics.

NFL Next Gen Stats show how Bryce and Richardson are two of the biggest dink and dunk passers in the league at the moment. 

Stroud is really the only one taking and making consistent downfield shots.

Here are the stats for 10+ yard passes through two weeks(keep in mind Richardson didn't get a full second game).

Young: 4/19 - 60 yds, 2 INT's, 0.66 QB Rating, 22.6% Bad Throw Percentage 

Richardson: 4/11 - 62 yds, INT, 17.99 QB Rating, 19.6% Bad Throw Percentage

Note: I had to manually compile Week 2 data on Richardson so it is possible there are incomplete passes unaccounted for. This is best case scenario for him.

Stroud: 17/32 - 310 yds, 2 TD's, 107.55 QB Rating, 23.3% Bad Throw Percentage 

36 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Well, said...  Cam's projected #1 after KB went down in 2015 was fuging Jericho Corchery.🤣🤣🤣  Cotchery literally was so slow, he looked like he was running in place most plays.😂  And people still blamed Cam for having to essentially be an entire offense.  Thank God for Ted Ginn that year, who statistically ended up being our #1 simply because he could stretch the field.  And that was a perfect comparison, because just the threat of Ginn and Cam utilizing him made that offense dangerous bc at any given time, Cam could bomb it to him or if the defense stretched themselves too far, he could just take off and run.  

We just don't have that threat with Bryce, and it isn't because of the receivers.  As I said in the other thread, our guys have beat their man over the top multiple times this year and even when Bryce attempted the pass he was WAY OFF and throws it early before the receiver has finished their move - I suspect because he's not comfortable throwing deeper passes in the first place.  And just like Cam's corps, even if you have a bunch of pedestrian WRs, if you have one Ginn, or in this case, Chark, you can threaten the defense with deep accurate passes, but Bryce is too scared and inaccurate to throw it deep.  But even that take is kind of coddling him, bc again, I've watched TMJ and Mingo beat their guys over the top and Bryce just missed them, badly.  Talent-wise, this WR group blows 2015's out of the water.  We had fuging Philly Brown getting major snaps lol.  This group is big, physical, and despite what people are saying, has athleticism.  It's how they're being utilized and it's having a guy that can't get them the ball in the right spots.

I don’t think Reich is doing them any favors (WRs and Bryce). Several times il see WRs in the same area, that can’t be productive. Basically what we have here is a perfect poo storm: average to below average WRs, rookie qb, a non existent run game/threat and a coach who can’t call plays very well. Speaking of run game, I wish Bryce would scramble more, eff it, take off and get a first down. 

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, Brent Gregory said:

The stats and qb rating aren't remotely close through 2 games. Put it this way  if you could have the draft after 2 games bryce young wouldn't  be in carolina or Houston or Indianapolis.  

I honestly think we could have sat at 9 and got young and this is not in hindsight. 

4 hours ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

So that excuse is okay for Stroud but not for Bryce?

Stroud faced a team with a MVP QB and a roster built to compete for a championship in his first game which nobody expected texans to win. Falcons were a inexperienced team people on here said sucked and had a worst QB and roster than the guy we just drafted all off season.  The excuses only come after a loss.

11 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Stroud faced a team with a MVP QB and a roster built to compete for a championship in his first game which nobody expected texans to win. Falcons were an inexperienced team people on here said sucked and had a worst QB and roster than the guy we just drafted all off season.  The excuses only come after a loss.

Yep, before the season a lot of people indicated the NFC South was terrible and now the Falcons and Saints are being mentioned as good teams

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

Ginn was always going to be the #1 option after KB got hurt. 

Anybody that remembered the 2013 season knew that him and Cam had a connection. That's one of the reason I knew Cam might have a special season.

The closest thing to a guy who could stretch the field for him was an aging Steve Smith. With Ginn that was going to open up things for Olsen and the running game. 

14 hours ago, top dawg said:

I haven't given up on Bryce at all yet, but my mouth 'bout fell open when I learned that Stroud had thrown for damned near 400 yards. I think that if anything, this is an indictment on Reich's play calling. Stroud has a worse line, and a so-so receiving corps that may not look as good on paper as ours, and yet he put up more yards in one game than Young has in two. 

---------------

On a way off note, funny thing: In my twelve team fantasy league, most of the dudes just keep backup QBs on the bench, so it's slim pickings with Garropolo, Tannehill, Ridder, Howell, Dobbs, Dalton, Wilson or Stroud. As Burrow 😞 is my QB & probably ain't playing Monday, I really don't have much to pick from. I picked up Stroud. 

LOL he has some many yards because he team is getting smoked and they have to play catch up.  We have been in both our games so our QB has not had to pass pass pass against soft defenses that are just sitting back and trying to run out the clock.  Bryce and Stroud have the same number of TDs, no?  And Cam had 2 400 yard games to start his career and then ZERO for the other 10 years he played.  Also we lost both of those games and Cam had 5 turnovers....

• Poo 1

2 hours ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Stroud faced a team with a MVP QB and a roster built to compete for a championship in his first game which nobody expected texans to win. Falcons were a inexperienced team people on here said sucked and had a worst QB and roster than the guy we just drafted all off season.  The excuses only come after a loss.

Inexperienced compared to who? The core of the Falcons team and the schemes they run have been in place for a few seasons already and since when do the Huddlers opinions of current events ever work out? Every opinion around here is so emotionally charged all the time. How many Huddlers cheered when Rhule was hired? When Newton was cut? When we traded for Darnold? The people here don't know anything more than your average couch potato.

Bryce Young has played in 2 career games as a pro and you've got people running around here like chickens with their heads cut off. Even if Bryce came out and lit the world on fire his first 2 games as a pro that still doesn't mean he would be successful in his career here. But people would be cheering and the narrative around here would be a lot different even though it would still be very much an unknown at how his career is going to go.

It wasn't that long ago Sam Darnold was looking like our future franchise QB and we were headed to the super bowl after his early season heroics. Look how that turned out

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin