• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ejiro Evero

Frank9999

I say knee-jerk reaction at the moment. A sample size of two is not enough to be making a well-informed assessment. Also, a great coordinator does not always translate to a great head coach.

I do believe he is getting more out of the defensive unit than others could. Our defensive line is so thin and really takes away the fresh bodies late in games that other teams are able to use. CB is a weakness again with Horn gone. LB is an issue again with depth. Let's see what happens when we face some more offenses.

Edited by ChibCU

It's also a little early to crown someone as a defensive coaching genius two games into the season. 

Let it roll and see what comes up.

We haven't seen what we've got here yet, just glimpses.

And if Tepper wanted a defensive minded head coach, he'd have kept Steve Wilks. There's another factor there that just needs to be left unsaid.

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

It's also a little early to crown someone as a defensive coaching genius two games into the season. 

Let it roll and see what comes up.

We haven't seen what we've got here yet, just glimpses.

And if Tepper wanted a defensive minded head coach, he'd have kept Steve Wilks. There's another factor there that just needs to be left unsaid.

Hes been a guy the league has been raving about for a while. Its not just two games tbf. Hes been successful pretty much everywhere 

Just now, MasterAwesome said:

Apparently it's knee-jerk reaction two games in to worry about Evero leaving as a HC, but two games in is plenty of time to declare Young and Mingo busts, we're going to have a winless 0-17 season, and we're doomed to never win a Super Bowl during poor BigKat's lifetime.

Ummm... that's not quite how that logic works. I also think it's a knee-jerk reaction to say Bryce is a bust. I don't agree with that thinking at all.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Apparently it's knee-jerk reaction two games in to worry about Evero leaving as a HC, but two games in is plenty of time to declare Young and Mingo busts, we're going to have a winless 0-17 season, and we're doomed to never win a Super Bowl during poor BigKat's lifetime.

Thats definitely knee jerk. I do kinda think we should have just went with Dalton day one though at this point. 

Edited by Frank9999