• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Fighting at BOA…. A fan just died at Foxboro

TheBigKat

1 hour ago, Zaximus said:

It's actually more common than people think when folks die to one punch.  There was a documentary either on youtube or Netflix or something I watched and there was a bunch on there talking about their regrets of taking another life with just a punch.  But like others pointed out, when you serve alcohol it's just bound to happen.  

Movies make it look like you can punch people fifty times and them still be okay.

2 hours ago, frankw said:

Oh for sure in Europe and even South America they'll kill ya over Soccer. There was a referee I read about some years back who players returned after the game because of a call they didn't like and beheaded him. Left his severed head on a pike. Insanity.

Need some of this from the Panthers to certain refs over the years.

• Flames 1

12 minutes ago, aloysius snuffleupagus said:

Yeah, supporters are segregated at soccer matches over here, and it can lead to a really tribal and aggressive atmosphere with law enforcement everywhere. I'm just back from Charlotte and Atlanta, and thought the mixing of supporters was a breath of fresh air, and I'd hate to see the NFL lose that. The NFL London games with all 32 jerseys on display is a brilliant atmosphere too. 

Sadly, there will always be ar5eholes that will spoil anything, and you're right that alcohol (or bevvy, as we call it here in Glasgow) is a huge aggravating factor. You can't have alcohol at a soccer match in Scotland, and I doubt we'll ever get it back (41 years now). Too many eejits (another good Glasgow word) that can't behave ruin it for the rest of us.

No NFL atmosphere will ever match Celtic-Rangers, for better or worse.

• Pie 1

In my experience fighting isn't that common in BoA, and you sure as hell won't ever catch me fighting, a ban from BoA is worse than an assault charge in my book. 

The worst I've ever seen it was the night game vs the eagles 3-5 years ago. I saw more fights that night than I normally see in an entire season, mostly instigated by drunk eagles fans. 

7 minutes ago, Purrnicious said:

In my experience fighting isn't that common in BoA, and you sure as hell won't ever catch me fighting, a ban from BoA is worse than an assault charge in my book. 

The worst I've ever seen it was the night game vs the eagles 3-5 years ago. I saw more fights that night than I normally see in an entire season, mostly instigated by drunk eagles fans. 

The worst I saw was also against the Eagles. It was when they beat us in the regular season during our '03 SB run when John Kasay missed all the kicks. They were the absolute worst. Sure made that NFC CG win over them all the sweeter. 😂

Runner up would be the Bucs fans several years ago on MNF. They were obnoxious too but nothing compared to that Philly trash.

Everyone knows you don’t fight someone like that. You get their name and slowly over several years work yourself into their life buying a house nearby and getting a job with their spouse. Slowly seduce their spouse and convince them how bad the other guy is over a year or two of subtle jabs. Once you’ve banged and they get separated let him know you’ve won the fight.

• Pie 1
  • The D 1