• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best and Worst - PFF

CRA

Offense - Best

1. WR Adam Thielen: 80.7
2. RT Taylor Moton: 72.8
3. LT Ikem Ekwonu: 68.2
4. RB Chuba Hubbard: 66.8
5. WR Laviska Shenault Jr.: 64.4

Offense-Worst

15. RG Cade Mays: 49.2
16. TE Tommy Tremble: 49.0
17. RG Calvin Throckmorton: 48.9
18. TE Hayden Hurst: 40.9
19. LG Chandler Zavala: 27.4

Defense-Best

1. S Xavier Woods: 88.2
2. LB Frankie Luvu: 87.0
3. S Vonn Bell: 81.9
4. S Jeremy Chinn: 77.3
5. LB Kamu Grugier-Hill: 76.7

Defense -Worst

14. CB CJ Henderson: 59.4
15. OLB Brian Burns: 57.9
16. CB Troy Hill: 56.1
17. OLB Amaré Barno: 52.4
18. CB Donte Jackson: 49.0

Panthers PFF grades: Best and worst from Week 2 loss to Saints (usatoday.com)

• Pie 4

10 minutes ago, UNCrules2187 said:

Feels like Icky was getting beat like a drum time and again. The rest seems to match the eye test IMO.

Honestly I didn't see an alarming amount of pressure.  Having 2 new OGs probably caused more issues than anything and PFF is aligning with that.  We couldn't run down the middle at all.  No push...

• Pie 1

CJ allowed like 50 yards of offense when he was targeted. Like four catches. You’d think if he were that bad this game they would have just kept going after him. 

The guards on the right who got the low scores allowed 3 combined pressures all game. From the article itself. 

Sometimes PFF is weird.

• Pie 4

Just now, Varking said:

CJ allowed like 50 yards of offense when he was targeted. Like four catches. You’d think if he were that bad this game they would have just kept going after him. 

The guards on the right who got the low scores allowed 3 combined pressures all game. From the article itself. 

Sometimes PFF is weird.

It looked like our DC started putting CJ on the 3rd option for some plays when he started struggling.  I saw Hill and DJax on Thomas in the 2nd half.  

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

It looked like our DC started putting CJ on the 3rd option for some plays when he started struggling.  I saw Hill and DJax on Thomas in the 2nd half.  

Olave is the better receiver so they should have been on him. And DJax was our lowest graded secondary player. I didn’t think any of them played horribly in the game. 

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, Varking said:

Sometimes PFF is weird.

they could of been hammered the most in their run grades too.   Article highlights it was the LG rookie that was the biggest pass pro disaster. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Varking said:

Sometimes PFF is weird.

He also had a DPI and probably should've had another on the long catch. They probably saw other uncalled penalties on tape and let's be honest, Carr was awful last night and was probably missing guys when Henderson blew coverages 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Varking said:

Sometimes PFF is weird.

I'd imagine that PI he committed and the deep pass he gave up to Olave that broke the game open probably played a big part in it too.

• Pie 1

Just now, Smithers said:

No surprise seeing Burns on the worst list.  He was awful, especially against the run

I think it is safe to say Luvu is our best defensive player overall.   So I guess the battle for 2nd or 3rd is a discussion on Burns vs Brown.