• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

best burger in charlotte...

Towelboy

The best burger in Charlotte comes from my kitchen. Back in the day south 21 made a great burger, but I've not been there in years. Red Robin comes close to made at home. Penguin and brooks remind me of five guys. Lots of grease! Been to Nix's three times and they struck out. Something missing there. Cabo's fish tacos suck! I had some at a tapas style restaurant and they rocked. Expensive, yes, but well worth it.

Gotta go with Brooks, Been eating there for over 20 yrs. Make sure to get the chili on your burger-best in town. In Monroe the little place next to Benton Heights elementary has the best burgers I've found anywhere. Hand made and delish
That place is Duke's Grill. They have the best burgers I've ever had. Penguin is good, but the chili they put on the burgers at Duke's is a gift from the heavens. When I lived in Union county I used to eat there often. I miss them and although the Penguin is great, it doesn't even compare.

I've been meaning to check out Brooks. The only problem with the place is it closes at ~2pm.

We ate at Big Daddy's in Ballantyne yesterday for lunch for the first time. We wanted a great burger and the son and his girlfriend planned on going to Penguin so we wanted to give them their space (ended up Pengin was closed he thought, no one answered phone on their way). So I googled and then looked at menus (looking at how the places did their onion rings)

Burger we had was a special - a bacon cheeseburger with white American cheese and 6 slices of bacon - 3 regular, and 3 jalepeno (we told them to leave off the baconaise that was supposed to come on it). The bacon was cooked perfectly for the burger - thick sliced, not crisp and the burger was beautiful pink on the inside. Tater tots were awesome and I love my onion rings in very thin shoestrings and they were perfect. Fries weren't very good. My daughter had a grilled cheese that was so good that I may order from the kids menu next time myself.

That place is Duke's Grill. They have the best burgers I've ever had. Penguin is good, but the chili they put on the burgers at Duke's is a gift from the heavens. When I lived in Union county I used to eat there often. I miss them and although the Penguin is great, it doesn't even compare.

I've been meaning to check out Brooks. The only problem with the place is it closes at ~2pm.

that's it! Can never remember the name but always find my way there. On a side note, for hot dogs or homemade pimento cheese, the Oasis, where the old theater used to be in downtown Monroe is outstanding

This. The only thing I do differently is I order my big block Southern Style (mustard, slaw, and chili).

Anybody tried that Zack's place, off South Blvd.?

Yes to both.

Zacks is ok. Not in the same league as BBSS from the Pen IMO. Wife loves it though.

Archived