• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

best burger in charlotte...

Towelboy

I must try this penguin sometimes. Lived here since '93. I hate waiting in lines.

go for an early dinner (5ish). no wait.

start with a half order of fried pickles. add a few brews. get the big block all the way with a side of fries. finish with some banana pudding.

lather. rinse. repeat.

sounds right

Anyone had brooks yet? Its in NoDa off brevard. It looks like a dump but its always packed at lunch and tons of cop cars outside, a good sign the food is tasty.

I've been a regular at Brooks for 8 years, and they by FAR, are better than the Penguin, and that's saying something cuz I love Penguin burgers

go for an early dinner (5ish). no wait.

start with a half order of fried pickles. add a few brews. get the big block all the way with a side of fries. finish with some banana pudding.

lather. rinse. repeat.

This. The only thing I do differently is I order my big block Southern Style (mustard, slaw, and chili).

Anybody tried that Zack's place, off South Blvd.?

Nix is a pretty good place located downtown off of 5th St. (its somewhat next to/behind the Capital Grille). They grind their own meat so they can make your burger pink if you want it that way (my personal preference). Tons of cool burger options and their friend pickles are better than Penguin if you ask me (Penguin's pickles the times I've been there are way too greasy/over friend, but thats just my opinion)

Archived