• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer Set Us Back A Decade w/ Two Trades

App Panther

Scott Fitterer’s resume: 

trade for Gilmore, did not resign. 
trade for CJ Henderson for a 3rd, dan Arnold. 
Trade for Shenault. 
Trade for Bryce. (2 1st, 2 2nds, and DJ Moore)

Traded CMC for a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th 

Rams offered 2 1st, 2nd for burns. Last year of contract, no extension. 

41 minutes ago, Sean Payton's Vicodin said:

CMC trade doesnt matter in the long run but the Bryce trade will be an all time disaster. Like Everrette Brown trade times 5 million

RB trades don't set a franchise back in today's NFL, but trading up to #1 overall for a so-called football wiz kid in a 13-year old's body is definitely suspect.

31 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

We have a first round pick in 2025.

At worst we find out Bryce sucks next year and then draft his replacement then.

Don't know how much more losing seasons this fan base can take (myself included). Perennial losers that just drain all enthusiasm for the game.

• Pie 2

24 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

No way Fitt survives if we get a top 5 pic this year. That is a fireable offense. But Tepper is still the owner and fired Rhule late. So I would not be surprised if Tepper doesn’t drag it out. 

If Tepper is the analytical person he says he is, he won't fire Fitterer unless he also plans on firing Reich, they're now tied at the hip.

Analytics show that GM and HC hires that aren't made in the same season, don't work out well.

The next time either gets replaced, they both will, which means Fitterer is likely around for next season as well.

29 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Don't know how much more losing seasons this fan base can take (myself included). Perennial losers that just drain all enthusiasm for the game.

I've invested so much time, energy and money into this franchise. Pathetic franchise really but it's not like I'm going to just quit and root for a different team.  

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, App Panther said:

I've invested so much time, energy and money into this franchise. Pathetic franchise really but it's not like I'm going to just quit and root for a different team.  

Exactly, while I'd love a 20 year run like the Pats just have or the Chiefs are about to have, half the reason I love this franchise is because we are a complete dumpster fire most years.  The wins feel so good and the loses suck so much.   I don't even know if I would care about a team where I knew we were going to win every week, and the weeks we didn't was just some random fluke.

• Pie 1