• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Demon's Souls

The Faceless

I can't believe no one has made a topic about this godly game yet...so I shall enlighten you. It's a PS3 exclusive and it's basically an action RPG with a bit of a learning curve. It is VERY difficult at times, if you die in one of the levels you have to go all the way through it again. Some enemies can kill you in 2 or 3 hits.

It kind of reminds me of old school NES games as far as difficulty...yet it is never blatantly cheap. Usually if you die, it's on you. You WILL die, ALOT and often. Patience and willpower are key. Once you get the hang of the controls and overall structure of gameplay, you will be kicking ass in no time.

Not really much of a storyline to be had here however, pretty barebones actually but it suffices. It has a unique PvP and co-op gameplay system. If you are in human form, you can "summon" other players to help you get through the level or beat a boss. These other players are blue phantoms(players who previously died in human form).

On the flipside, while in human form you can also have your game be "invaded" by another player. These players are black phantoms, and their purpose is to kill other players to reclaim their human form.

So for all PS3 owners or recipients of a PS3 as a Christmas gift, you owe it to yourselves to pick up this game ASAP! It isn't for everybody however, especially if you get frustrated easily and have no patience. If you can get past the difficulty then be prepared to be immersed for hours on end!

• 6 months later...

Archived