• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SC fire department removes nativity display

scpanther22

Thats not judging though. Trust me I have no problems with peoples faith. But if they are going to practice/preach it do it right. One reason i dont like church's and think the bible has been screwed with.

When you tell people they are committing a sin, that is judging.

I agree with most of what you are saying man....trust me I do. I live my life, and treat people the way I want to be treated. I would do that with the bible or without.

I grew up in church, and I mean LITERALLY in church. I hate the hypocrisy in most religions/churches this day and time as well. It's more a "social status" thing now, and to be seen.

Just like any animal that nurses from it's mother, born in any other manner that doesn't even require nursing, or any child that is born, I honestly believe we/they, have that enate knowledge to know right from wrong, how to live, and what it takes to survive.

Animals know danger, children have to be taught to a certain extent, but you can bet your ass they know how to nurse. The knowledge is there, it's just up to us what we chose to do with it.

Merry Christmas. :cheers2:

Why would a fire station need a nativity scene? Will it help them get to the fire faster?

Because it's America, and they can if they want to do so.

Why do we need to waste trillions of dollars every year going to the moon?

Now there is something you should put your effort into resolving.

When you tell people they are committing a sin, that is judging.

I agree with most of what you are saying man....trust me I do. I live my life, and treat people the way I want to be treated. I would do that with the bible or without.

I grew up in church, and I mean LITERALLY in church. I hate the hypocrisy in most religions/churches this day and time as well. It's more a "social status" thing now, and to be seen.

Just like any animal that nurses from it's mother, born in any other manner that doesn't even require nursing, or any child that is born, I honestly believe we/they, have that enate knowledge to know right from wrong, how to live, and what it takes to survive.

Animals know danger, children have to be taught to a certain extent, but you can bet your ass they know how to nurse. The knowledge is there, it's just up to us what we chose to do with it.

Merry Christmas. :cheers2:

Well since you put it that way you're right.

I look at life as a journey you can follow everyone else or you can go out on your own and learn for yourself. Doesnt mean either way is right but I like learning for myself.

Merry Christmas!

So everyone would be cool with a fire station full of athiests hanging a banner that read "THERE IS NO GOD" facing the street?

if it was "there is no God season", what could i say???

But its Christmas, what do you expect....

Sorry, but contrary to your belief, Christians make up a great % of this country and those who do volunteer services.

Dude- God let his own son suffer, are we any better?

This life is nothing more than a test of faith. Have faith, make it through the tough times, always praise him and you will be where you want to be when you die.

This world is Sin, we all will sin, its those who can get through it, and not forget where they came from.

And we all come from God.

Church is a gathering place, its not the temple of God, thats for each and every one of us to make. Someday you might be all the "God/Jesus" someone meets.

Thats the fight we face everyday. Just as satan tried to influence Christ, so he does to each and every one of us, each and every day. His mission is to keep us from the Glory of God.

Its a battle we all must face, some know it, some never want to believe it. In the end, we all will answer for our decisions, just like Adam.

Merry Christmas .........

Sorry AK missed your post. I have to agree with much of what you posted. I agree life is a big test but does that mean you should sin? I think not and like you said you will be judged for that. But then that goes back to what I was posting about Christmas. Should you knowingly sin if it is against the word of God? Trust me I like Christmas like anybody else. But I look at it as a time to gather with family members and reflect on the pass year. I do give gifts and receive them. I think after this year I wont buy any more. I will just start making them. But this is something Ive been researching lately and it has me wondering.

Merry Christmas!

Because it's America, and they can if they want to do so.

Why do we need to waste trillions of dollars every year going to the moon?

Now there is something you should put your effort into resolving.

Keep in mind "they" is a government institution. The same principles of freedom that apply to the citizens of the US is not extended to the government.

I happen to think more advancement has been gained from going to the moon, which we haven't done in three decades, (every year? srsly?) than all the religion in the world.

Nor do I think that the government has any business going to the moon. That's another discussion for another thread.

What part of "Separation of Church and State" confuses everyone so much?

if it was "there is no God season", what could i say???

But its Christmas, what do you expect....

Sorry, but contrary to your belief, Christians make up a great % of this country and those who do volunteer services.

No, a great % of this country give lip service, which makes them hypocrites. A much smaller % actually attend church regularly, and an even smaller % than that practice what they preach.

And an even smaller % of that actually understand what they're preaching.

"there is no God season".... I guess you could call that tax time.

Archived