• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

SC fire department removes nativity display

scpanther22

Point taken.

I guess many people make the assumption that saying Merry Christmas is just another example of insensitivity to the fact that other religions do exist besides Christianity.

Not that it matters since the holiday is hardly accurate or even celebrated correctly.

I wonder how many Christians would accept a friendly "Happy Hannukah, Blessed Eid, Solemn Tet, Happy Kwanzaa, Festive Diwali".....etc.

eh, maybe they would, but mostly I'd bet on a wrinkling of nose and an off-put response.

I honestly think this time of year is a giant pain in the ass, and would welcome a solid day of airing of grievances and awesome feats of strength.

I say Happy Holidays because around here we actually have people of different faiths and you can't always be sure what people celebrate.

Shame on you...as an anti-religionist, why do you even acknowledge other people's beliefs?

Not that it matters since the holiday is hardly accurate or even celebrated correctly.

what what what?

I am actually, for the first time, facing the dilemma of the "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays" situation...

I used to always say "Merry Christmas" but because of my beliefs changing, and because I know not everyone else celebrates this holiday, I am trying to stick to "Happy Holidays" this year...

It isn't because I'm afraid of offending someone, because I bite my tongue for nobody (I'm sure this is apparent)... but it's an internal conflict because I don't really believe I should be celebrating the holiday at all...

To get back on topic... The firemen should have burnt it down instead of removing it... They could have used it for practice or something! ;)

(just kidding... I'm flame baiting (pun intended))

Point taken.

I guess many people make the assumption that saying Merry Christmas is just another example of insensitivity to the fact that other religions do exist besides Christianity.

I wonder how many Christians would accept a friendly "Happy Hannukah, Blessed Eid, Solemn Tet, Happy Kwanzaa, Festive Diwali".....etc.

eh, maybe they would, but mostly I'd bet on a wrinkling of nose and an off-put response.

I honestly think this time of year is a giant pain in the ass, and would welcome a solid day of airing of grievances and awesome feats of strength.

You sound like a scrooge...

I've been raised agnostic and my family has never celebrated christmas. This is actually my first christmas due to my brother getting married so we're exchanging gifts as not to make his fiance uncomfterable.

When it comes right down to it, it guess they are right that nativity scenes shouldn't be displayed on public property and I geuss I'm okay with it. But I would never do that.

I believe in seperation of church and state, but not to that degree. Just keep religon out of public schools; prevent religous descrimination and I'm happy. A nativity scene isn't opressing or offending anyone IMO, even it it's on public property.

Sounds like a lot of work for something that shouldn't have been on state property using state funds (assumption) in the first place.

But if that makes you rollers happy with the whole covert christian ops boner then knock yourselves out.

And Happy Holidays.

FVCK that sh!t!!!!! This is America, the country I served, and if I want to say Merry Fvkcing Christmas, then by GOD ALL MIGHTY I am going to do so.

I should not have to bite my tongue or beliefs because others feel theirs are more important. That is what this Country is supposed to be about in the first place. Land of freedom.

I don't give a sh!t how other people celebrate, or what they choose to celebrate, but I do give a damn when those other people demand a change in the way I celebrate,and even further what, or how to say what I want to say.

End of story.

Point taken.

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived