• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Fox isnt going anywhere

Hairless Cat

has any coach ever finished out there contract?
here? no.

only way i'm at all ok with fox staying is if he

-sticks a fork in jake

-brings in weis as OC

-replaces crossman and richard williamson

-allows weis and rip to pick and develop the next starting QB, whoever it is

-they get a strong WR or WRs brought in here to take pressure off smith

-he stops micro-managing and allows the OC/DC to run the show

here? no.

-sticks a fork in jake remains to be seen

-brings in weis as OC not likely

-replaces crossman and richard williamson possibly one, but not both

-allows weis and rip to pick and develop the next starting QB, whoever it is won't happen... That'll be him and Hurney

-they get a strong WR or WRs brought in here to take pressure off smith possible, and this issue is obvious internally...

-he stops micro-managing and allows the OC/DC to run the show asking a lot, but maybe this season has humbled him...

here? no.

-sticks a fork in jake

-brings in weis as OC

-replaces crossman and richard williamson

-allows weis and rip to pick and develop the next starting QB, whoever it is

-they get a strong WR or WRs brought in here to take pressure off smith

-he stops micro-managing and allows the OC/DC to run the show

I'm not ready to condemn Davidson, it's amazing how much better the play calling is when the QB isn't turning the ball over. Like Henning before him, I also think Fox is to blame when we go ultra-conservative. How else you could you explain the continuation of the signature 3rd-and-long draw after Henning's departure?

It's easy for an OC to look bad with a bad QB, just like it's easy for an OC to look great with a great QB (Weis).

my point about the issue is you essentially make him a lame duck coach. no one wants to play or coach with out a guarantee for the year. it helps the team knowing your coach is going to be around for the next couple of years.

it helps with discipline and everything. also leaving him in that position puts him in a position thinking he has to audition to keep his job and this may force rash decisions like the ones this last offseason.

he either has to be extended or fired. one or the other.

my point about the issue is you essentially make him a lame duck coach. no one wants to play or coach with out a guarantee for the year. it helps the team knowing your coach is going to be around for the next couple of years.

it helps with discipline and everything. also leaving him in that position puts him in a position thinking he has to audition to keep his job and this may force rash decisions like the ones this last offseason.

he either has to be extended or fired. one or the other.

I love how people keep talking about this "lame duck" coach and how no one wants to play for one. Do you remember when the Giants won the superbowl, Coughlin was on a one year contract extension? They told him playoffs or your fired.

So players dont want to play for a "lame duck" coach, but they end up winning the superbowl with one.

It may be my imagination, but in Fox's post game interviews the past 2-3 games, he's even less talkative and even more cryptic. What I'm wondering is, has JR already told him he's gone? I can't imagine anyone telling a coach they're done before the season is over, but Fox just seems so deflated as of late. Even in the locker room interview last night, he was just like, "we had a good game". No smiles, no nothing...which is the usual, but still.

It may be my imagination, but in Fox's post game interviews the past 2-3 games, he's even less talkative and even more cryptic. What I'm wondering is, has JR already told him he's gone? I can't imagine anyone telling a coach they're done before the season is over, but Fox just seems so deflated as of late. Even in the locker room interview last night, he was just like, "we had a good game". No smiles, no nothing...which is the usual, but still.

No... A decision hasn't been made... and at this point, it appears more likely that he'll be back at least next year... But, it isn't set in stone...

That said, how would you feel if a lot of the stuff you stuck to when it wasn't working was proven to be the main issue of your football team? Fox has been humiliated to an extent...

I have a bad feeling he is staying. I dont think you have to do much to win you job back with Richardson and I think Fox did that last night. Even though none of it had to do with him. Take away Peppers performance and Matt Moore's and we lose bad.....

I don't know why all the hate on fox, Fox has never lost more then 10 games in a season ( Hopefully we can go atleast 7-9 ) But he also has never had back to back winning seasons ( curse of the NFC south anyone? )

We had alot of injuries and changes this season, i say keep fox i see us doing well in the future no doubt in my mind that the panthers are a playoff team, we just threw away too many games.

I love how people keep talking about this "lame duck" coach and how no one wants to play for one. Do you remember when the Giants won the superbowl, Coughlin was on a one year contract extension? They told him playoffs or your fired.

So players dont want to play for a "lame duck" coach, but they end up winning the superbowl with one.

how often does that work? he almost didnt make the playoffs. his team got hot at the right time. his team also had stability at the qb position. something we dont have.

I don't know why all the hate on fox, Fox has never lost more then 10 games in a season ( Hopefully we can go atleast 7-9 ) But he also has never had back to back winning seasons ( curse of the NFC south anyone? )

We had alot of injuries and changes this season, i say keep fox i see us doing well in the future no doubt in my mind that the panthers are a playoff team, we just threw away too many games.

a losing season is a losing season. there are no degrees. if you went 0-16 one year and then 12-4 the next 3 years no one would care. but if you go 6-10 then 10-6 then 7-9, that shows a inconsistent team and that falls back on the head coach.

you guys think fox is conservative now. Wait till his job is really on the line. he will coach and draft that way. players may want to play for him but what happens if things go bad? will they want to listen to him knowing he is on his way out? will fa's want to come here not knowing if the coaching staff will be stable?

stability is key in the nfl for longevity. if we are going to keep fox we should have extended him last year. so we need to fire him this year or extend. that would be what a smart owner would do.

Archived