• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

John Fox isnt going anywhere

Hairless Cat

If Fox would just take care of the quarterback situation, I would be okay with him staying. It's clear he hasn't lost the team.

All this being said, he cost us this season by sticking with Delhomme until he was injured.

Personally, I think that John Fox and Marty Hurney did way too much damage during the offseason and first 8 games of the season to salvage any kind of job security.

If anything, this shows the ineptitude of Fox and Hurney by NOT putting Matt Moore in sooner.

Personally, I'm still not completely sold on Matt Moore. I still think we need to take a look at a guy like Colt McCoy in the 2nd or 3rd round for insurrance purposes (even if it is just to keep him on as a backup).

Bottom line is that if we can get Bill Cowher then we better do it because there is nothing that John Fox brings to the table that Bill Cowher doesn't. You can't let one win cloud your mind. When it comes to coaching it is about a body of work and right now John Fox's body is replaceable.

Hurney wants the Panthers to be more like the Steelers.. that means keeping your Head Coach's for rediculously long periods of time.. I think Fox stays, but not for that reason.. Fox and Hurney are amazing at finding talent in the draft's.. Matt Moore showed an extreme amount of promise last night.. and Fox's track record indicates that next year will be a playoff season. Those things taken into account.. I think the Richardson give's Fox and Hurney their last year on their contract.. more than likely, he will extend them both after they take us to the playoffs next year. Just my prediction.

This week will be a much better judge on Moore. I went to the Vikings board last night and pretty much their views was that the team simply played like crap, we didn't dominate them. But this week we'll be on the road, facing a team that still has Playoff hopes. If Moore can play like he did last night again, well...we may be on to something. Shore up the Run D, draft properl and hell...maybe one more year of Fox wouldn't be too bad.

Personally, I'm still not completely sold on Matt Moore. I still think we need to take a look at a guy like Colt McCoy in the 2nd or 3rd round for insurrance purposes (even if it is just to keep him on as a backup).

Theres no way McCoy will be available by the end of the 1st round, much less the 2nd or 3rd.

Theres no way McCoy will be available by the end of the 1st round, much less the 2nd or 3rd.

Actually, McCoy is not a 1st round pick.. 2nd rounder at best.. lack of armstrength. Besides, he doesn't fit the Panthers system. He fits in the westcoast offense perfectly..

FYI...

My closest source to the situation indicates that Fox's fate isn't determined at the present moment... There are people on both sides of the argument within the organization...

The general feeling I get is that there are certain things that factor into the equation, one of which being the results of the final games, another being the status of the NFL CBA talks, and certain other things that are internal player/coach/staff issues (nothing big here, don't read too much into it)...

Personally, if Fox shows a willingness to change certain things (his belief in Delhomme as a primary one), I would love for him to at least finish out his current contract (1 year left)...

He's still regarded as one of the best coaches in the league as far as owner/coaching circles go, and there are players on other teams that would love to play for him... If we were to sever ties with him, it wouldn't be long at all before he landed somewhere else...

Fox is in like Flyn.

If his job was being based off this game alone, I don't think I can be a panthers fan anymore.

Obviously we would need to assess the body of work more focused on this season and the obvious short comings he's made plus a losing season.

Get a real coach in here, k thx.

Archived