• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade speculation: Hunter Renfrow

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Understood though it isn't always on the player. Sometimes it's scheme (like with Joe Brady) other times it can even be the quarterback.

Mind you, I wouldn't put it on Young for us, but I'm sure you remember how Michael Vick's Falcon receivers were terrible...until someone else started throwing them the ball.

Exactly which of Michael Vick’s Atlanta receivers are you referring to?

Brian Finneran?

Dez White?

Peerless Price?

Michael Jenkins?

I’m a Vick fan obviously, but I totally don’t understand the reference.  Vick had Alge Crumpler at TE and Warrick Dunn at RB, that’s about it.  His next to last year with Atlanta they drafted Roddy White, but White didn’t even consistently start until his third year when MV was gone.

The Falcons had almost nothing at WR during MV’s time there, I don’t get the example at all.  And are you saying that Matt Schaub made Roddy White into a Pro Bowler?

28 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

AJ Brown and DK Metcalf are pretty damn good. That’s who Johnathan Mingo practiced with every day.  Ole Miss certainly has been doing well with WR’s lately.

And my quote also included LSU (you left that out) which is arguably the best program for receivers the past decade.  Terrace Marshall Jr played with some greats and I personally think he’ll develop into a good pro.

I didn’t include the LSU part because I didn’t disagree with them being spoken of in that light

I just didn’t think Ole Miss should be lumped in as an elite WRU school.  

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Mind you, I wouldn't put it on Young for us, but I'm sure you remember how Michael Vick's Falcon receivers were terrible...until someone else started throwing them the ball.

Seriously, what Falcons receivers are you referring to here?  I posted all of them from that era, your comment is out of left field and makes no sense to me @Mr. Scot

34 minutes ago, HardcoreHokie said:

Seriously, what Falcons receivers are you referring to here?  I posted all of them from that era, your comment is out of left field and makes no sense to me @Mr. Scot

It goes back to conversations I had with Falcon fans at the time.

Anytime Vick looked bad passing (which was a lot) I heard one of two things: either "it takes X years to learn the West Coast Offense" or "his receivers suck".

Once they made the switch to Matt Schaub though, the Falcon receivers suddenly learned to catch a lot better.

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It goes back to conversations I had with Falcon fans at the time.

Anytime Vick looked bad passing (which was a lot) I heard one of two things: either "it takes X years to learn the West Coast Offense" or "his receivers suck".

Once they made the switch to Matt Schaub though, the Falcon receivers suddenly learned to catch a lot better.

I hear ya but which one of Brian Finneran, Dez White, Peerless Price, or Michael Jenkins are you saying were even a remotely serviceable #2?  MV had no receivers until they finally drafted Roddy White in the 1st round his next to last year there.  He made Alge Crumpler a Pro Bowler.

4 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

AJ Brown and DK Metcalf are pretty damn good. That’s who Johnathan Mingo practiced with every day.  Ole Miss certainly has been doing well with WR’s lately.

And my quote also included LSU (you left that out) which is arguably the best program for receivers the past decade.  Terrace Marshall Jr played with some greats and I personally think he’ll develop into a good pro.

Uh....... what now?!?!?!

Honestly, do people ever do any research before posting nonsense on here?

It literally takes 20 seconds of googling each of their names to know that Mingo's Freshman year at Ole Miss was also DK's and AJ's rookie season in the NFL.

MAYBE he would have had some workouts with them in the summer or something, but that would be the extent of him practicing with the two of them.  They went to the same school, end of connection.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

I hear ya but which one of Brian Finneran, Dez White, Peerless Price, or Michael Jenkins are you saying were even a remotely serviceable #2?  MV had no receivers until they finally drafted Roddy White in the 1st round his next to last year there.  He made Alge Crumpler a Pro Bowler.

Of that group, the one I remember most is Finneran. Always liked him. Only vaguely remember the others.

On 9/15/2023 at 9:06 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

Trade for Higgins or Metcalf? Do you ever want to make a draft pick again?

And we all know the first game they don't go for 100 yards and 2 TDs you'll be talking about how they're a #2 at best. They've failed to live up to the ridiculous standard of the mythical "Huddle #1 WR". We need a TRUE #1. 

You draft a QB like young to lessen the need for a true #1 WR.

You don’t need draft picks you have players. You’re essentially drafting from the NFL. Who cares where the players come from just get the players that contribute to winning 

1 hour ago, AceBoogie said:

You don’t need draft picks you have players. You’re essentially drafting from the NFL. Who cares where the players come from just get the players that contribute to winning 

Vets cost significantly more against the cap. Draft picks are by far your best opportunity to get talent at a great value and the hard salary cap is a big reason why they're so valuable on the NFL vs. a lot of other leagues.

19 hours ago, HardcoreHokie said:

He's deflecting because he didn't expect anyone who knows what they are talking about to respond 

• Pie 1