• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade speculation: Hunter Renfrow

Mr. Scot

4 hours ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Or draft prospects either. So what are they actually good at?

It's been a few years... since anything really good. We somehow are good at keeping hope alive, though.

Actually, let's put away the negativity for the moment. We have been to the Super Bowl twice, and that's twice as many times as most teams and two more times than quite a few of them. So we've got that.

What we are classically good at, though, is a tough running game and a solid defense. When we have those things rolling, we tend to do very well.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

An elite WR has never been a must have roster piece. Honestly, QB is the only must have roster piece. You need a solid OL, but you don't need five All-Pros. You need a pass rush but you don't have to have that one stud pass rusher. You need offensive skill position weapons but you don't have to have that one elite WR. You'll take the elite talent wherever you can get them, but outside of QB the rest of the roster is a collection of the whole. Too many people get caught up in trying to find stars at key positions but no team has stars at all those key positions.

If you look at all the best WRs in the league, the thing they do best is create separation. Thielen isn't elite but he's a technician at getting that step away from the defender. While getting those big home runs is nice, I'll take 6-10 yards per reception all the way down the field all day long. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

On that topic...

Higgins is good, but that kind of offer would be a "hell no" for me.

Agree. You could literally use every one of those picks on a WR and probably luckily land on a Tee Higgins. Plus giving up Chinn would be idiotic to boot.

5 hours ago, Khyber53 said:

It's been a few years... since anything really good. We somehow are good at keeping hope alive, though.

Actually, let's put away the negativity for the moment. We have been to the Super Bowl twice, and that's twice as many times as most teams and two more times than quite a few of them. So we've got that.

What we are classically good at, though, is a tough running game and a solid defense. When we have those things rolling, we tend to do very well.

I meant what is our current FO good at? I actually can’t think of anything

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

He didn’t look good last year and did nothing really in the first game. It wouldn’t hurt at all, but I wouldn’t be excited to give up additional draft picks for another WR 2/3. I’d rather save that money and pay Burns/Brown

Hunter Renfrow is a monster in the slot.  But you have to want to run that game.   Guys across the league have long praised Renfrow for that niche work.  Automatic open.   

McDaniels doesn’t seem to be a Renfrow guy. Rumor mill has been going since this off-season about him wanting to part with him.  

Renfrow is my dude.  Not really a fan of Scott giving up picks for anyone though in the near future. 

On 9/15/2023 at 11:45 AM, Diehardpanth02 said:

We already have that type of guy with Adam thielen. Renfrow is just lesser version of it. 

lol wut?  They are literally nothing alike as players. 

Renfrow is probably the best pure quick open slot play in the NFL.  Go watch some NFL folks talk about how elite he is in that so specific niche.  

Problem is he is limited and largely limited to that one slot at the position/area of the field.  And obviously how long he can survive doing the job.  He is about the size of my middle school son.  Not really a joke there. 

• Pie 1