• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sleepwalker tries to MURDER my Dog!

Hotsauce

Last night I had a party at my house. I fried a 20 lb turkey for everyone and put the remaining meaty carcass in a glass bowl in the Fridge. I was going to bowl it and turn it into Turkey Soup.

Anyway, one of my wife's best friends is staying with us for the weekend. Last night after I went to bed, I remember getting woken up by my wife at 3:30am. She wanted me to go down stairs, because she noticed all the lights were on. I walked down stairs and saw my 70lb Black Lab licking his chops on his bed. I walked into the kitchen and noticed that the bowl with all the turkey bones had been smashed on the floor, and the bones were no were in sight. After further review, I noticed my dog had gotten all the bones and legs and completely ate them! Also there were chunks of glass everywhere. I cleaned it up the best I could, and went back to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up early, went down stairs and figured my dog had grinded up the turkey legs and carcass. What sucks is that I found the bone fragments, and they are very hard and sharp. They were pretty much like broken pieces of glass themselves. So not only could my dog have possibly eaten glass, but there are def. some jagged bones in his stomach. I called the vet and they said at this point the only thing we can do is watch him. Look for signs of blockage (i.e. bloody diarriah, tender andomen, unusale behavior).

My dog all day has been acting fine. He did not eat his breakfast (I suppose he is full) and he has had diarrhea and bad gas (I suspect he has a upset stomach). I am hoping and praying that he is ok.

Also, when this girl woke up, my wife asked her about it. Apparently she sleep walks EVERY SINGLE NIGHT! She will sleep walk, go into the kitchen, and eat whatever food she can find (she even said that sometimes she will turn on the stove/oven and try to cook in her sleep). I was, and still am, kinda pissed about this whole situation. I understand she has some kind of medical condition, but if she is a guest in someone else's house, she must let us know! Perhaps, we could have taken preventative measures to avoid this mishap.

Thoughts???

Archived