• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who would you rank as top 5 Panther draft busts of all time?

TheBigKat

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Spent a couple of years living in Ohio with my ex-wife.

Had no idea how deep the cross state hate ran until I saw it up close.

oh yea, fug Ohio, we do not like each other as states, let alone the Michigan-OSU rivalry.  Ohio is a POS state, everything about it is just garbage.

It's well known by Michiganders that if you have to drive through Ohio, you need to know to watch your speed.  The hatred runs so deep that cops will pull you over in Ohio if you have Michigan plates and are going just a few MPH above the limit.

13 minutes ago, tukafan21 said:

I'll admit that I'm too young and not local to NC to have been able to follow the team closely enough back then to have ever heard any of that stuff.

I'm a Panthers fan because of Biakabutuka

Have lived in Michigan my whole life (outside of my years in Arizona for college) and grew up a big Michigan fan with Biakabutuka as my favorite player thanks to him having a monster game against my dad's alma mater in my first ever Michigan football game I went to.  My dad took me to the HOF the year before we joined the league and I loved the team's colors and logo (which my friends to this day like to make fun of me for liking the team for those reasons, but c'mon, I was like a 7 year old kid at the time haha).  While there he bought me a Panthers mini helmet and a HOF game shirt with us playing the Jags on it.

I casually rooted for us that first season, as much as any kid that age could from Michigan and pre-internet.  Then when we drafted my favorite player going into that second season, I got hooked, almost 30 years later and here we are.

So yea, I don't even care what he was on the field, he brought the Panthers into my life (for better or maybe worse lol).

I've been a fan of the team since inception when I was a boy. Biakabatuka was my favorite player and my first jersey (I still have it). He had the talent to be an exceptional player, sorta similar situation Horn is in. 

6 minutes ago, OneBadCat said:

I've been a fan of the team since inception when I was a boy. Biakabatuka was my favorite player and my first jersey (I still have it). He had the talent to be an exceptional player, sorta similar situation Horn is in. 

I've still got my two Biakabutuka jerseys as well, thankfully his jersey wasn't easily found in my area in children sizes at the time, so they were basically a dress on me back then, but fit me now.  My authentic black one is my usual gameday jersey, especially now seeing as I don't have any current player jerseys at the moment.  

It's also helped protect me a bit at the couple of Panthers games I've gone to in Detroit.  Cam's rookie year a guy sitting behind us started heckling me as we were walking down the row to our seats, but as soon as we got there and he could see the back of the jersey, he laughed as he was a Michigan fan and turned the game into fun banter instead of drunk abuse lol.

Edited by tukafan21

All comes down to if injuries and off the field issues exclude people or not.  You can do it two ways.  Was the franchise able to identify talent or not? Or did the pick itself work or not. 

Horn, Otah, Timmah could be or not be on a bust list.  We identified talent.  The picks did not work out in the end (Horn still pending).   Collins gets in a little bit of a gray area too with his booze.  He finished with like a 17 year career, Pro Bowls with 2 different teams, comeback player of the year twice. 

7 minutes ago, ChuckWag78 said:

Can't have Clausen on the list because he brought us Cam. 

yeah, Clausen did 2 great things.  

1.  Got us Cam and was a surprisingly class guy in the way he handled his mess/situation. 

2.  His unintentional Matt Rhule cameo vid.  10/10. 

• Pie 1

22 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Peter was a big bust but he also had substance abuse issues. 

peter and rashard andersom both more deserving but Horn creepin up 

Anderson got a big bump from Seifert at the Senior Bowl but it wasn't deserved.

Also anybody drafted in 2011 not named Cam Newton (though Kealoha Pilares at least did something).

Edited by Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, TheBigKat said:

1) Carruth- 1st round pick for a murder

2) Collins- no explanation necessary, devastated a young franchise

3) Jaycee Horn- on pace to have played 17/51 games, if he doesn’t regain form then that is a costly top 10 draft bust which is compounded when you see who was drafted after him

4) Everette Brown- 2nd round pick that cost us 1st round capital

5) Dewayne Jarrett- second round pick that was an immense bust

Too early on Jaycee. I still believe in him, IE: Thomas Davis. I would add Kelvin Benjamin. 

• Beer 1