• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Our former WR1 update

NAS

16 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's real alright.  Fields will not break it. It's up to CJ Stroud now.

It's not hoodoo either. There's a genuine reason behind the "curse".

Ohio State's talent tends to be vastly superior to their opponents. Their quarterbacks are typically throwing the wide open receivers so prowess with reads isn't a big necessity.

You don't practice it, you don't learn it.

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Ohio State's talent tends to be vastly superior to their opponents. Their quarterbacks are typically throwing the wide open receivers so prowess with reads isn't a big necessity.

I've heard scouting rumors it's because of they way they limit how much of the field they are taught to read. Everything is predicted to one read on half the field at any given time. It a very simple concept for the qb's.  How much of that is true I do not know.  As for USC? It must be the water or something because I've not heard scouting romurs on why they always suck in the nfl. But its real.

Edited by Jon Snow

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Playing poorly isn't necessarily preferable to not playing.

(especially not at the most important position on the field)

Fields doesn't play bad on every play and Horn hasn't been perfect on every play.  

On balance, I'd rather have the first round pick who plays. 

Can't wait to not see Horn play on Monday, again.

15 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Parson is the gripe now.  

Parsons, Slater and Surtain are the gripe now. Personally, I would have been happy with all 3, but I think I preferred Slater while hoping Sewell would drop. I wanted OL up and down that draft. Parsons is a beast but Slater would have been nice as well because last year we could have taken Garrett Wilson instead of Iky. Young to Wilson would be really nice as would Burns with Parsons. Surtain would be nice as well just in terms of actually playing.

I will also add that I 100% wanted to start Grier/sign no FAs/trade anyone for picks to tank for Trevor and draft Humphrey at C, BC (fine with him) and Trey Smith at G. Iky last year and sign Corbett. Iky, Smith, Humphrey, Corbett and Moton sounds nice with Trevor behind them. Unfortunately, Rhule and Hurney.

Edited by WhoKnows

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Fields doesn't play bad on every play and Horn hasn't been perfect on every play.  

wtf are you actually making a case for Fields? he's god awful, the most forced, overhyped player in NFL history. love to see him crash and burn.

Horn is injury prone and was the wrong pick, but I wouldn't touch Fields with a ten foot pole.

we could've had Parson's, fug Fields.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

wtf are you actually making a case for Fields? he's god awful, the most forced, overhyped player in NFL history. love to see him crash and burn.

Horn is injury prone and was the wrong pick, but I wouldn't touch Fields with a ten foot pole.

we could've had Parson's, fug Fields.

They both suck.  Horn is only as good as his backup, because thats who plays.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Very disappointing to not see him on the field once again. So much potential and skills but availability keeps killing it for him.

56 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

that's largely true for Bama and UGA too.  Those 3 schools have consistently fielded the best rosters in college football.  Especially talking about pre NIL.  This NIL likely will start to skew that from being so true going forward. 

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

It's real alright.  Fields will not break it. It's up to CJ Stroud now.

It's the same with USC qb's.  They look like world beaters in college and then every single one drafted into the nfl have been a bust. You would think these kids would learn the history of being drafted out of those schools and either not go or transfer out before they get cursed as well.

Stay away from OSU and USC qb's. 

Jon, 

What are your thoughts on current USC stud QB Caleb Williams?

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

I've heard scouting rumors it's because of they way they limit how much of the field they are taught to read. Everything is predicted to one read on half the field at any given time. It a very simple concept for the qb's.  How much of that is true I do not know.  As for USC? It must be the water or something because I've not heard scouting romurs on why they always suck in the nfl. But its real.

It's why I didn't like Herbert as a prospect. That was how Oregon treated him. Gotta love these guys who will still handcuff players with a lot more potential because of "muh system".

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, NAS said:

“Dumpster Fire Spectacular”

Justin Fields was terrible and I don’t see him getting any better as a passer.

DJ Moore had two catches for 25 yards.  He was open for plenty more. 

I LOVE these videos from JT.  I have learned so much more stuff about football by watching his videos every week.  He's the man. Waiting for his Bryce video from Week 1.  Fields and the Bears look like dogshit though.  Like WTF are they even doing?

• Pie 1