• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking at the Gamesheet

SaltAndPepper

Just now, 45catfan said:

True, but I thought fans wanted to get rid of Fox/Rivera "old school" football?  I'm down with whatever wins us games, new school or old school, it doesn't matter to me.

Rookie QB in his first start and you see that your defense is playing well?  I think you have to be flexible in your gameplan.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

28 minutes ago, NAS said:

I do wonder if we ran the ball 40 times without turnovers, we probably win that game.  

24 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

True, but I thought fans wanted to get rid of Fox/Rivera "old school" football?  I'm down with whatever wins us games, new school or old school, it doesn't matter to me.

Like the Browns did with a veteran QB?

My only concern is the Horn injury.  Yes, we gave up 17 points off turnovers, but they torched Henderson--and a TE beat him deep.  No excuse for that.

I would not be surprised to see us bring in (or up) someone.  If you need proof of his heart, watch him when he has a chance to make a tackle--especially in a crowd. Nobody is that un-athletic. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Take out Watson's carries and yes, about half.  He was the force.  True bell cow RBs are a thing of the past.  Even solid RB 1's yield significant time to back ups for--what the NBA likes to say "load management."

why would I take out Watson's carries? 2 were designed runs.. and the other was a TD run.  Would we remove Bryce's runs if we ran the ball 8 more times to hit 40?

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

why would I take out Watson's carries? 2 were designed runs.. and the other was a TD run.  Would we remove Bryce's runs if we ran the ball 8 more times to hit 40?

Splitting hairs here, yes QB runs count, but effectiveness of a rushing attack generally doesn't hinge on your QB.  Chubb>>>>>>>>>>>>>Sanders/Hubbard