• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Falcons GameDay Thread!

Zod

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

We are going to need to develop into a balanced offense.  Corbet coming back or Zavala getting experience will help the OL (who had a solid showing today).  Mingo will get better plus we might get Chark for some games letting Thielen slide to the slot where he belongs.  Again if we just cut down of the turnovers we will look a lot better.  Failed 4th down conversion in the redzone, 2 drive killing INTs by a rookie QB, and a fumble by our RB swung that game completely.  We started off solid but simply lost momentum from those turnovers and are too young of a team to comeback from that.  

I think, with a rookie QB and to put it kindly, few weapons, you should take the points on the road. That set the tone. However, the people ragging on Bryce seem to forget he completed his first six passes. I don't know why I even bother arguing with a lot of people. Some of them are the same ones who told me Cam sucks and will never be worth a damn 4 weeks into his career, so what should I expect from this place?

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Yes, todays performance actually reminded me of 2010. I was too young in 01 seeing as I was born in 96 I wasn't really watching football yet

The '01 Panthers couldn't seal the deal; MANY of their games were winnable.  The players finally gave up in the last quarter of the season though.

Edited by 45catfan
  • Pie 2

3 minutes ago, SCMunnerlyn1 said:

We're all very aware of this. But good they are not. It's like an in person version of our game threads. 

I didn't say they were good, just that they are better than the Panthers.

Being better than the Panthers is not something to brag about 90% of the time for the last 27 about to be 28 years.

Rookie QB, new coaching staff, lots of new players, about what I expected. I am not really bothered by it. We will just have to wait a few games to see what developes. 

Bryce learned one thing today.  Playing at Alabama where your team almost always has more talent than the other team is vastly different than playing in the NFL.

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Did Cam Newton have elite accuracy?

No, and there are others who don't have elite accuracy. What he did have was a once-in-a-lifetime body that carried him for...a grand total of FIVE seasons. He started breaking down in year six BECAUSE he didn't have elite accuracy. He was great...at running. When he lost that, he was no longer great.

Young looks like he will have a solid career if he can get with a team with some weapons.

As far as pure talent, Young just doesn't have Drake Maye's God given gifts.

• Poo 1

My fear is Young is what he is. He's not 6'4 240 with great running ability. His ceiling is much lower than the other guys so his decision making has to be off the charts. Sure he can improve but I'm afraid only to a level that's not franchise changing. I remember Cams first game thinking wow the future is bright. Not so much with young.

• Pie 4