• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sept 9 college game day thread

ladypanther

3 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I also think the strategy of going after seasoned upperclassmen from smaller schools can be big for a program like UNC football. Coachable guys who play hard. I think this strategy would work better for college basketball: I.e. Pitt and Kansas State last year. But the portal is an asset if you can navigate it. 

Oh it absolutely is. See Brady Manek.

2 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Yep.  We weren’t even bowl eligible last year. 

I don’t think App sucks. It was a joke. Nobody in the state of North Carolina who watches football and remotely understands it has any disrespect for App. They are always up for the challenge and have a solid culture. 

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

Their schedule looks VERY manageable. Even more so now with how they are playing. College FB is gonna be the Deion show this year. If they can avoid injuries especially to the QB I don’t know what’s gonna happen but I wouldn’t want to play them

Oregon currently losing.

If they can beat Oregon and USC they might very well be in the playoffs his 1st year. Still a long ways to go, but im sold on Deion longterm. He's going to kill the recruiting part. As long as he keeps his coordinators Colorado should be a contender next season.

5 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Their schedule looks VERY manageable. Even more so now with how they are playing. College FB is gonna be the Deion show this year. If they can avoid injuries especially to the QB I don’t know what’s gonna happen but I wouldn’t want to play them

Respectfully have to disagree…they have a brutal schedule IMO.  

Edited by Shocker

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Oregon currently losing.

If they can beat Oregon and USC they might very well be in the playoffs his 1st year. Still a long ways to go, but im sold on Deion longterm. He's going to kill the recruiting part. As long as he keeps his coordinators Colorado should be a contender next season.

And the committee will absolutely consider the type of attention and eyes that Deion will bring. Every American sports fan knows who is Deion sanders. They don’t need no more TCU and Cincinatti snoozers. 

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Respectful have to disagree…they have a brutal schedule IMO.  

Everything you have said makes me think you're just not a believer.

That's fine. Deion is not everyone's cup of tea. It's just weird people keep doubting him after every win. Everyone waiting for him to lose that 1st game to call him a failure.lmao

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Respectful have to disagree…they have a brutal schedule IMO.  

I just looked at it again and I must have looked at something different and confused myself because that schedule is not as easy as I thought it was. You never know though. I bet some of those games are gonna be on national night time TV

• Pie 1