• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sept 9 college game day thread

ladypanther

4 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Sanders too big for NCState. I won’t be surprised if Deion is a mercenary and keeps taking bigger jobs but it won’t be until after his son and Hunter are gone. 

State is bigger than Colorado.

Nobody believed in him which is why he only got offers from Colorado, Cincinatti, USF.

State is bigger than all those schools. If they wanted Deion they could have easily got him.

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I love Deion he is a legend, it’s a great story but please stop the hype.  Reality is coming

I dunno man. I’m sold. It’s not like Deion was some coordinator from Tulane. He is legit one of the greatest American athletes of all time and is real AF. He transcended sports, knows how to preach and sell, and can obviously recruit. Especially now with cheating and paying players being allowed….if he can keep the talent coming in and keep a complimentary staff around him, good things are gonna happen. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Nobody believed in him which is why he only got offers from Colorado, Cincinatti, USF.

State is bigger than all those schools. If they wanted Deion they could have easily got him.

CU has been terrible in recent years but they've won a national championship in my lifetime. If you can win titles in the 90s you can do it now. Especially with constant conference shuffling now. If you're winning and have buzz and offer a new television market you have value and CU couldn't easily offer a P5 conference the trifecta.

CU is a much better opportunity than NCSU. That fanbase is desperate for ANY success and the program has proven they can build a contender. It's Nebraska in a much better location and minus the delusion.

3 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

No it isn’t. Colorado has a Natty. It’s the signature state school that everyone in the state aside from CSU fans like. nC State is probably not the most popular team even in Raleigh. They don’t have the cheese or notoriety for a coach like prime. To be fair I don’t think Carolina would go after him either. 

4 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I dunno man. I’m sold. It’s not like Deion was some coordinator from Tulane. He is legit one of the greatest American athletes of all time and is real AF. He transcended sports, knows how to preach and sell, and can obviously recruit. Especially now with cheating and paying players being allowed….if he can keep the talent coming in and keep a complimentary staff around him, good things are gonna happen. 

Not saying long term…just this season.  This team is on a wave but this season with that schedule realistically they will finish 500

13 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Seemed like every time someone made a play for App tonight it was a transfer from Michigan or Miami or some other "name" school. I agree. You can't tell me Bama's third stringers aren't better than our third stringers.

I also think the strategy of going after seasoned upperclassmen from smaller schools can be big for a program like UNC football. Coachable guys who play hard. I think this strategy would work better for college basketball: I.e. Pitt and Kansas State last year. But the portal is an asset if you can navigate it. 

Just now, Shocker said:

Not saying long term…just this season.  This team is on a wave but this season with that schedule realistically they will finish 500

Their schedule looks VERY manageable. Even more so now with how they are playing. College FB is gonna be the Deion show this year. If they can avoid injuries especially to the QB I don’t know what’s gonna happen but I wouldn’t want to play them