• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sept 9 college game day thread

ladypanther

Just now, 4Corners said:

People trying to run off Longo…I dunno man I liked him for the most part. I was surprised he left because I figured he would be HC once Mac retires. The new guy deserves some time and I like how he emphasizes pounding the ball, but the fist half tonight scares me with what he is trying to do. 

He and Mack had a pretty obvious falling out down the stretch last year. Unfortunately, what this year is showing me so far is that it might have been that Mack wanted things to be more conservative. I mean, Mack has always been plenty willing to lean on a bad D instead of getting aggressive and letting his best unit try to seal the deal.

Just now, DamnItJake! said:

Huh!!?? What are u talking about!! I don’t no about NC State.. but UNC has been recruiting talent!! No I do question our defense after tonight.. Sanders is in the perfect spot and I am pulling for him!! Great game today beating Rhule!!

Sanders too big for NCState. I won’t be surprised if Deion is a mercenary and keeps taking bigger jobs but it won’t be until after his son and Hunter are gone. 

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

I mean if there is a third or fourth stringer on Bama or UGA that hits the portal ..I don’t even need to know his name or position - heels need to go after him. 

Seemed like every time someone made a play for App tonight it was a transfer from Michigan or Miami or some other "name" school. I agree. You can't tell me Bama's third stringers aren't better than our third stringers.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He and Mack had a pretty obvious falling out down the stretch last year. Unfortunately, what this year is showing me so far is that it might have been that Mack wanted things to be more conservative. I mean, Mack has always been plenty willing to lean on a bad D instead of getting aggressive and letting his best unit try to seal the deal.

I have zero idea what Whisky is up to this year but it was a very big endorsement that a rising superstar coach like Luke Fickell wanted Longo. 

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

I have zero idea what Whisky is up to this year but it was a very big endorsement that a rising superstar coach like Luke Fickell wanted Longo. 

I thought Longo was likely the head coach in waiting but then things went south between him and Mack last year. Not sure we'll ever get the full story out of that.