• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sept 9 college game day thread

ladypanther

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The crazy thing about Sims is Matt Rhule targeted him to be his starting QB in the transfer portal. This guy just doesn't know how to pick a good QB.

Like how do you watch his film and think I need that guy to lead my team.smh

Matt Rhule and putrid QB play evidently go hand in hand.

This guy wasn't terrible at GT. He wasn't very good, but he wasn't completely terrible either.

24 minutes ago, Future of the Funchise said:

This is Nebraska v Colorado game is the first college football game I've actually sat down and paid attention too since Cam vs South Carolina before we drafted him.

Are they all usually this bad? I'd like to get into college just to inject more football into my life but I'm finding no joy in this game outside of ridiculing Matt Rhule.

There are lots of better games.

Also true that sometimes games that start slow finish great.

5 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

That is so wrong.  Hard to believe they denied his appeal.  They changed the rule AFTER he transferred.

I hate what the transfer portal has become but in this situation I don’t understand how he’s ineligible.

- As you mentioned, the rule was changed after he transferred.

- While he was enrolled at NCCU with the intent to play football that never happened due to Covid; so he’s only played at Kent State.

- He transferred back home to play at UNC, it wasn’t like he transferred to Georgia or some national title contender and is trying to pick up a championship. He transferred back home to be close to a family member that’s ill.

- He has a documented health issue that he received treatment for at Kent State but transferring back home allows him to not only get better help from the UNC Health Care system but he’ll be close to his family.

Even if Walker would have went to State or Duke I’d feel the same way, he should be able to play.

The NCAA are a bunch of crooks.

• Pie 1