• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

TNF: Chiefs vs. Lions

LinvilleGorge

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He watches plenty. He just gets caught up in watching whatever the hype train is. Then somehow convinces himself that the Lions were the storyline being pushed despite what he's watching. It's a pretty stunning level of confirmation bias.

I know from talking to him in the past that his real football knowledge is...limited.

(to say the least)

58 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

I don’t think the NFL is “rigged”, still don’t and doubt I ever will, but I 100% believe the NFL has rooting interests in terms of storylines and things they want to happen to help the shield….and they do everything in their power to influence the outcomes of games. 

how is influencing games different from being rigged?

• Pie 2

31 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This. It's not outright rigged, but there's definitely heavy " influence". We watched KC's overmatched RT outright cheat the entire game while the crew raved about Mahomes. We watched Cam's head get treated like a piñata in the SB while the crew waxed poetically about Manning possibly riding off into the sunset with a Lombardi like Elway the very year that the NFL made blows to the head of a QB an officiating focal point. They don't even try to hide it.

For me, some of the strongest evidence that the NFL isn't rigged (besides the obvious) lies in the outcome of their 100th season.

Coming down the stretch, it looked like we were headed for a Steelers-49ers Super Bowl. Both teams were undefeated in previous Super Bowls, and you can imagine the kind of insane hype that matchup would have generated.

But it didn't happen...

The Chargers beat the Steelers in the AFC championship. So instead of a game for the ages, the historic season ended up being capped off by an embarrassing blowout and thoughts of what could have been.

No way I believe a rigged NFL would have passed up that opportunity.

7 hours ago, trucpfan said:

Oh yeah they looked weak out there, question I have is if they looked like that and they traded for ISM is he worse than them (oh poo) or did they get it wrong and trade away a real playmaker? 

Good question. He was balling out in preseason though and could actually catch the ball. That's more than all of the WRs could say for KC last night.

13 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

For me, some of the strongest evidence that the NFL isn't rigged (besides the obvious) lies in the outcome of their 100th season.

Coming down the stretch, it looked like we were headed for a Steelers-49ers Super Bowl. Both teams were undefeated in previous Super Bowls, and you can imagine the kind of insane hype that matchup would have generated.

But it didn't happen...

The Chargers beat the Steelers in the AFC championship. So instead of a game for the ages, the historic season ended up being capped off by an embarrassing blowout and thoughts of what could have been.

No way I believe a rigged NFL would have passed up that opportunity.

I don’t think it’s rigged but I do belive they do stuff to try and manipulate storylines, influence outcomes of games etc the best they can without blatantly doing it. Sometimes tho teams are just too strong. 

I remember the KC panthers game like two days after the chiefs LB went to the stadium and blew his brains out …nfl was being called out for not cancelling the game, they didn’t throw a penalty on the chiefs the entire game with dogshit QB Brady Quinn and Romeo Crennel as coach and against a respectable panthers team led by cam. Chiefs of course won and nfl was able to portray the game as KC coming together to win in face of tragedy lol 

Edited by 4Corners

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The same offense we outscored with Sam Darnold at QB? The same offense that missed the playoffs in the NFC? Yeah im shaking in my boots from the scary Detroit Lions offense!

Fifty Cent GIFs | Tenor

If the Lions were overrated and not that good last year, you are hurting your Wilks should have been HC case a little.  Beating Detroit the way he did was easily his best win.  You take that away and he was just running over a bunch of bottom tier teams/defenses.