• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns is back in pads at practice

JawnyBlaze

21 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

To do what with those picks? Hopefully draft a Brian Burns?

16 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Or, you get two Everette Browns. 

When people make this argument they forget about the cap space.  You don’t have to replace Burns production with the draft picks. Maybe you use the $25m you save to replace his production and then you use the draft picks to hopefully improve two other  positions.  
Maybe you get a player for $10m that gives you 80% of Burns and then use the extra $15m to drastically improve a different position. 

Personnel moves don’t happen in a vacuum.  

• Pie 3

Just now, AU-panther said:

When people make this argument they forget about the cap space.  You don’t have to replace Burns production with the draft picks. Maybe you use the $25m you save to replace his production and then you use the draft picks to hopefully improve two other  positions.  
Maybe you get a player for $10m that gives you 80% of Burns and then use the extra $15m to drastically improve a different position. 

Correct, sir.

Just now, AU-panther said:

plus everette brown wasnt a top 10 pick

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

well, we have a rookie QB we need to billed around.  Just bandaids on the roster.  You could spend a first round pick on a freak skill player…..a first round pick on a freak pass rusher.  Both on rookie deals.

or you use those pick and alter the BRoyce Young trade.  DJ Moore is still a Panthers and you still got ammo for the draft. 

I’d much rather have a top 5-10 pass rusher than Moore though. 

So trade Burns, keep Moore, draft a pass rusher.

or

Trade Moore, keep Burns, draft a Mingo.

Obviously there’s more to it, but an interesting debate depending on which positions hold the most value to you. 

2 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I’d much rather have a top 5-10 pass rusher than Moore though. 

So trade Burns, keep Moore, draft a pass rusher.

or

Trade Moore, keep Burns, draft a Mingo.

Obviously there’s more to it, but an interesting debate depending on which positions hold the most value to you. 

Well, given we drafted Bryce Young and have to develop him.  Which is what the next 1-3 years will really be about.   I’d prefer Moore.  My answer probably would depend where my team was. 

We hit a legit true rebuild window.  Burns was essentially the one move running counter to it. 

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Rams won 5 games last year, how has their roster improved since?  We may have truly passed up on a top 3 pick in 2023 and who the hell knows in 2024

Just fuging stupid and short sighted

Yea, that hurts because there is a chance we could have ended up either pairing Bryce with say a Marvin Harrison Jr or flipping the pick to a QB needy team for a haul.

However, I will say that I think if they had Burns but not their first round picks, their offseason would have been very different and they'd have tried to make sure this year's team could make a real run at the SB again.  Hell, just putting Burns next to Donald could have made their defense elite.  Good luck trying to give your QB time to pass the ball with the two of them rushing the passer next to each other.

It's easy to say we might have given up a Top 5 pick when looking at the Rams this very moment, but if they've had Burns since middle of last season, things likely play out differently.

12 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Amen. It's about the potential to spread or even amplify/multiply the value of a single player. It's not the right move for every situation but it is a very reasonable one for a lot of situatiions. 

Just now, tukafan21 said:

Yea, that hurts because there is a chance we could have ended up either pairing Bryce with say a Marvin Harrison Jr or flipping the pick to a QB needy team for a haul.

However, I will say that I think if they had Burns but not their first round picks, their offseason would have been very different and they'd have tried to make sure this year's team could make a real run at the SB again.  Hell, just putting Burns next to Donald could have made their defense elite.  Good luck trying to give your QB time to pass the ball with the two of them rushing the passer next to each other.

It's easy to say we might have given up a Top 5 pick when looking at the Rams this very moment, but if they've had Burns since middle of last season, things likely play out differently.

They have no money and no picks, thats why half of their roster is rookies.  Donald  and Burns aint moving the needle off a top 10 pick.  Kupp is already hurt, donald is a year older and Stafford is a walking infirmary. 

They were desperate and fitt couldnt smell it