• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wisdom Teeth

God

Be glad you weren't in the military when you got them pulled.

They gave me about 30 shots in the upper and lower gums, each. Once you are done they give you 4 vicodin and 20 800mg Ibuprofen. This is all the pain meds you get. You get the rest of the day off, about 12 hrs. Then back to it. Sucked ass. Big time.

Plus, for me, I couldn't eat anything or drink too hot/cold liquids on the right side of my mouth for a few months. Went to the dentist twice to see if they could do anything. Was told to quite being a pussy.

A week before A-school ended I could feel something in my gums in the back of my mouth. Started digging around and ended up pulling a piece of tooth about the size of a pinky nail out of my mouth. Blood everywhere. Roommate freaked out. Took it to the dentist and asked him who was being a pussy and he should give me his paycheck for doing his job. He didn't say anything, just stared. Saw him at the base club 2 days later and he picked up my tab for the night.

Everyone in my C school class had them all taken out on the same day in an assembly line - no wisdom teeth allowed on submarines. Navy dentists are not known for their professional expertise or bedside manner, but we all were back in class at 0730 the next morning.

I had mine taken out on Dec. 22nd of last year. It was fugging awful. I had my two bottoms cut out, and my 2 top ones pulled out. I woke up from the surgery as they were wheeling me out to my dad's car so he could drive me home. I felt great. The changing of the gauze every 30 minutes got annoying (I was bleeding a lot). I go home, fall right asleep after taking the Oxycodone they gave me, and then wake up sweating a couple hours later and I'm in so much pain! I hadn't eaten anything all day, I was starving, and couldn't open my mouth to eat or drink because it hurt so bad.

I did manage to swallow some more pain meds and fall asleep til the next morning. I got really sick because of the pain meds, though I could eat the 2nd day. I was eating ice cream, mashed potatoes, apple sauce and mac n cheese, laying around watching movies, and enjoying the pain meds. By the 3rd day, my face was swollen so bad and where my wisdom teeth used to be hurt so bad it literally brought me to tears. It was like that for the next few days..I cried almost every time I woke up from the pain meds wearing off. I went through 2 prescriptions of Oxycodone, and to be honest I was taking more than was prescribed because it hurt that bad.

I couldn't eat solid food until New Years Eve. That was a full 9 days after I had my wisdom teeth taken out, and I was still swollen then. It was awful and I hope your experience is better than mine. I have a friend who was eating solid food the very same day.

eating advice- shakes(whey ones for protein), oatmeal, baby food, soup, ice cream, popsicles, yogurt, booze. the colder food make effect negativity.

i was lucky about mine, no issues outside my snitches breaking. in the far future I'd be surprise if humans have teeth. goodluck

Archived