• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wisdom Teeth

God

Okay, here is my wisdom teeth story. You won't feel so bad after reading this:

After I got my wisdom teeth taken out, I went home and had the Ice patches on my face, and was all doped up, watching long movies to pass the time: Gettysburg, and Gone With The Wind. About the time Scarlett is "in mourning" for her first husband (which coincided with the pain meds wearing off), I start to feel a little scratchy sensation on my tongue when I swallow. Over the course of the evening it becomes more and more irritating. So I check in the mirror and see these three little white slivers poking out of my gums. "Oh, It's just some sutures. No big deal." So I pop some ibuprofen and go to sleep.

The next morning I wake up, and the pain is intense. Every time I swallow it feels like a serrated knife slicing into my tongue. So, I consult the mirror again. Now it appears that the three white specks have merged into one giant sliver and completely pushed their way through my gum. I have a bone spur slicing through my f***ing mouth. I call my dentist and have a fruitful conversation.

Later that day - skipping over quite possibly the longest day of my life - I go to the dentist to have this taken care of. He sits me in the chair, and tells me this will only take a second. I keep waiting for the nurse to come in with a shot of novacaine; but soon it dawns on me that this isn't gonna happen. A little reticent of an operation without anesthetic, I attempt to express my concern to my dentist. He questions my manhood, places his boot on my forehead, reaches a set of pliars into my mouth (not forceps, or surgical pliars, mind you. These looked like something he had used to fix his sink). He grabs a hold of the little bugger and yanks it out.

I actually saw white light.

Later when I was at a place, emotionally, where I could revisit the incident. I became aware that as he pulled the bone spur out, that I heard a snap. Obviously, the bone spur was still attached to my skull when he yanked it.

But it worked out for the best. I have never complained of pain since then, and I have a new dentist.

That is terrible captroop. My Dentist told me hes only seen wisdom teeth like mine once in his 20 year career. I've been drinking water/gatorade and eating soup, any ideas on what to eat? Thanks guys.

I have a soft spot for Mac 'n Cheese. Delicious, got a lot of protien to keep you full, and it's almost impossible to get anything stuck in your open wound. You can just fire it right down.

Be glad you weren't in the military when you got them pulled.

They gave me about 30 shots in the upper and lower gums, each. Once you are done they give you 4 vicodin and 20 800mg Ibuprofen. This is all the pain meds you get. You get the rest of the day off, about 12 hrs. Then back to it. Sucked ass. Big time.

Plus, for me, I couldn't eat anything or drink too hot/cold liquids on the right side of my mouth for a few months. Went to the dentist twice to see if they could do anything. Was told to quite being a pussy.

A week before A-school ended I could feel something in my gums in the back of my mouth. Started digging around and ended up pulling a piece of tooth about the size of a pinky nail out of my mouth. Blood everywhere. Roommate freaked out. Took it to the dentist and asked him who was being a pussy and he should give me his paycheck for doing his job. He didn't say anything, just stared. Saw him at the base club 2 days later and he picked up my tab for the night.

You might be fine eating stuff like mac and cheese and pizza, but no dentist would recommend it. Eat soft stuff like yogurt, applesauce, pudding, etc. It's not filling, but that's just part of the deal...at least for the first 24-48 hours. If I recall correctly, you're only supposed to eat cold stuff the first day.

Archived