• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: Panthers and Brian Burns not at all close to extension

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, PantherPhann89 said:

Obviously, the teams that tried to trade for him didn't feel that their logic was zero. We were and still are in construction mode, so trading our best pass rusher for multiple picks would be no different than trading our best WR for multiple picks, so there is logic. However zero logic with me is why some people on the huddle feel they need to lash out or be asinine when a respectful conversation would go far better in building the fan base of the team we support. KEEP POUNDING...

When building a team, you don't take a unit of strength, and make it a glaring weakness. There is no amount of justification to do so. 

Thus is also why pass rushers get more.money than receivers. Not all positions are created equal. 

Every talent evaluator in the league understands the value of Burns to us, I would say they understand it immensely better than most Panther fans, who want to say anything to justify their perception.  

• Flames 1

19 minutes ago, Icege said:

I don't think he's going to mind. In the end, as long as he's getting his market value he's going to be happy. If that means leaving a place that has crazy people thinking he's only worth $20M/yr, so be it.

I think if he shows well in this system this season I would have no problem paying him his market value. Im hoping he is ridiculously successful and we have to pay him well as that means we have a great piece of the puzzle and can focus on adding from there. Someone on the other side who can get pressure to sure would be awesome

• Beer 1

27 minutes ago, Icege said:

I don't think he's going to mind. In the end, as long as he's getting his market value he's going to be happy. If that means leaving a place that has crazy people thinking he's only worth $20M/yr, so be it.

The last 20+M/yr deal to an edge was Max Crosby an 23.75M/yr. Crosby is every bit as good a pass rusher and instead of being a liability on 40% of his snaps, he one of the best run defenders in the NFL. So how is Burns close to that value. The Steelers just gave Alex Highsmith 17M/year. After 14.5 sacks and a better run defender than Burns. So again, what is this magical value he holds at any price? 

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I think if he shows well in this system this season I would have no problem paying him his market value. Im hoping he is ridiculously successful and we have to pay him well as that means we have a great piece of the puzzle and can focus on adding from there. Someone on the other side who can get pressure to sure would be awesome

Would be huge if another guy on the line or one of the other pass rushers steps up this season. Brown, Burns, and that player would make things a lot easier for the secondary.

Though I do have my eye on Kris Jenkins out of Michigan this season in college ball. His pops was fun to watch as a Panther. 😄

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

When building a team, you don't take a unit of strength, and make it a glaring weakness. There is no amount of justification to do so. 

Thus is also why pass rushers get more.money than receivers. Not all positions are created equal. 

Every talent evaluator in the league understands the value of Burns to us, I would say they understand it immensely better than most Panther fans, who want to say anything to justify their perception.  

Then understanding his value to us knowing that's he's untradeable, is too seperate things. It's he important, yes.

4 hours ago, Toomers said:

What about the the 25-30M/year you can spend on replacement(s). You can believe whatever you want about the Rams but there was always a good possibility they were in decline and nothing since has changed that. 

So for the privilege of overpaying an Edge worth around 20M/yr, they turned down two top half 1sts, pick 36, and the one great or two very good players they could have signed  with the same money. And this was a good idea? This is close to the Teddys contract is team friendly BS. 

Unfortunately for Burns, he basically has to be a top 3 DE in the NFL for that deal to not look like a complete disaster. He'd have to be Peppers 2.0 to make it look like a wise decision. 

That's the reality of the market.

6 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

The Rams think Burns is worth a 2nd and 2 1st rounders. The Huddle? Not so much. smh

The Huddle thinks pass rushers fall off trees.

The Huddle after we trade Burns for the 2 1st round picks. "Guys we really need to double down on pass rushers with those 2 1st round picks we have no pass rush".

Huddle Shenanigans...

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

The Huddle thinks pass rushers fall off trees.

The Huddle after we trade Burns for the 2 1st round picks. "Guys we really need to double down on pass rushers with those 2 1st round picks we have no pass rush".

Huddle Shenanigans...

The Huddle is an enigma. Most have pie in the sky dreams. But don't believe any of them will come true.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 1

6 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

lmao

The sad part is you're dead serious. He proved in preseason not playing a single down that he is our entire pass rush.

Prove what!

See what I mean? The Rams thought enough of Burns to offer 2 1s and a 2. Yet we have Huddlers who think he still needs to have a prove it year. Nobody disrespects Panther players like Panther fans.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1