• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone see Burns sitting out?

Jmac

11 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

Nobody hates good players more than Panther fans

How do people call themselves Panthers fans, but when your best defensive player is ready to get paid you turn on him and try to devalue his talent.

Even no pass rush all preseason can convince people how important Burns is to this defense.

None of this makes any sense.

• Poo 1

36 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

How do people call themselves Panthers fans, but when your best defensive player is ready to get paid you turn on him and try to devalue his talent.

Even no pass rush all preseason can convince people how important Burns is to this defense.

It wouldn’t make sense to a 12 year old.   Tell us again how San Antonio is on the Mexican border 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It wouldn’t make sense to a 12 year old.   Tell us again how San Antonio is on the Mexican border 

You spamming poo emoji's on all my posts. But im the "12 year old"...

San Antonio is indeed "near" the San Antonio border. 150 miles to be exact.

Not that far away if you ask me. But hey if that's funny so be it.

• Poo 1

4 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I think he's the funniest of the bunch. He hates it when you poo him, so he'll poo you until the end of time. He's a hoot. Every post is Gold I tell ya, Gold. Remember that kid in school you tried to avoid? Well, he found us.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

There is literally nothing in San Antonio. You're on the mexican border.

11 hours ago, spydaman27 said:

Since I’m still not allowed to create my own topic, this thread seems applicable. This board gets harder and harder to read every day. I don’t understand why half of you are here. Just jump ship already and find a new team if all you can bring to the table is crying about our team. I get things have been iffy the last few years Rhule times were hard times. Stop hating on our players and our team. I’m a die hard panthers fan who lives in Philly, if anyone knows a thing or 2 about baseball a guy here named Trea Turner had an awful year and the fans decided to have his back and give him a standing ovation. (if Philadelphians can do it anyone can). Since then he has been playing at an elite level. Maybe if once in a while we stopped criticizing the team we are all supposed to love and just cheer and root for them it could be beneficial. If you give up just give up and take the negativity to a Saints or Falcons board because I’m tired of everyone acting like the Panthers are their least favorite team instead of their favorite. 

You've been here long enough. You should know who to avoid, and the ones you want to converse with. Just ignore the noise. Or think of it as comic relief. Cuz sometimes it really can get to you if you let it. Some folks use the ignore button, but I enjoy watching some of these ppl have breakdowns. Does that make me a bad person? We'll let future generations make that determination.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

Wouldn’t he have sat out of training camp? I know he wants to be here and he made it a point to show up at camp bc he said he wanted to be a leader. I would be shocked if he sits out a game. 

I'm not so sure he can sit out. He's still on his rookie deal so he hasn't really banked that much money. Can he afford to pass up all those game checks. Plus, he can't hold out past week 7 or he loses a whole year of eligibility, and we'd still own his rights. That's a big gamble. I mean, go ask Bell if sitting out a year was worth it?

He has a majorly tough decision to make that's for sure.

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, Cdparr7 said:

Nobody over values their players than Panthers fans. It’s the realists in the crowd that bring everyone back down to earth.

The teams social media is partly to blame, building up every single player that comes through the door whether they are worth a damn or not.

I don’t think you understand what fandom means. 

15 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I don't think everyone who is afraid to pay what will probably be highest or right under the highest salary for his position in the league is hating on him. Some definitely but not everyone. Some I think are just worried and cautiously concerned. He is a very good player. No he isn't Julius Peppers and I think us having him spoiled us and at the same time ruined us for all future players. Julius was a once in a generationally gifted athlete and though Burns is very good we can't expect him or all future guys to live up to Peppers. 

Put me in the category or realizing we do have to pay him but hoping we get top production out of him and I believe he does have a great chance of giving that to us in this new defense that more fits his skillset.