• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone see Burns sitting out?

Jmac

Just now, TheCasillas said:

Go hold up a sign on Mint St… bc bitching about it here won’t get you anywhere.

I’m not bitching about it.  Burns is the one bitching.  I’m simply stating a fact backed by plenty of statistics that he isn’t top 8 at his position in the NFL. 

Just now, Smithers said:

So you want Fitt to pay Burns 25-30M a season?  Before we even see how he does in a 3-4 scheme?  His numbers don’t even remotely justify him being top 3 in pay at his position 

Yes!

I don't give a poo about how much he gets paid. Hell I wish he can make the most money he can. I just care about him on the field. This defense has no pass rush without him. Get that through your head and stop pocket watching a grown man. You not paying him nothing out of your pocket anyway.

• Flames 1
  • Poo 2

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You will be crying for Burns when you see this defense without him. Hell we saw that in the preseason.

Burns is our best defensive player. What is with this fanbase and their lack of respect for Burns?

I love Burns.  I want Burns to sign for the next 10 years.  We are better with him.  I never once said I didn’t like him or that he didn’t make us better.  What I did say, is that he isn’t a top 8 player at his position.  And that’s a fact.  I can like a player and acknowledge he isn’t the best player in the world at his position at the same time.  

• Pie 2

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

Yes!

I don't give a poo about how much he gets paid. Hell I wish he can make the most money he can. I just care about him on the field. This defense has no pass rush without him. Get that through your head and stop pocket watching a grown man. You not paying him nothing out of your pocket anyway.

Got it.  Let’s make the same mistake we made with Charles Johnson.  You can’t overpay players out of sheer desperation.  Yes, we are better with him.  No, we shouldn’t pay him like Joey Bosa or TJ Watt.  

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Smithers said:

I’m not bitching about it.  Burns is the one bitching.  I’m simply stating a fact backed by plenty of statistics that he isn’t top 8 at his position in the NFL. 

Maybe he recognizes his worth and value to this defense?

He knows he's the only player capable of getting to the QB. Probably why we signed Houston so late in the offseason. Wouldn't surprise me if Tepper is playing hardball.

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It is what it is. If he sits out I don't blame him. He's got us by the balls. If we put him on the trade block and took the best offer Fitts would get clowned for weeks for getting far less than we were offered a year ago.

It's sad people can't see this. When he's the only pass rusher on the defense you better bet he's trying to get the most money he can. We signed a 34 year Houston so we can play hardball with Burns.

We can't even start the season without drama.

#TheTeppersWay

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Maybe he recognizes his worth and value to this defense?

He knows he's the only player capable of getting to the QB. Probably why we signed Houston so late in the offseason. Wouldn't surprise me if Tepper is playing hardball.

And I’m fine with that.  But don’t do a media parade all off-season about awesome of a man and teammate you are by not holding out…only to stop practicing the week before our first game.  That’s what irritates me the most.  If you want to stand your ground, handle it the way Bosa and Jones are handling it.  

• Pie 1