• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patriots claim Matt Corral

TheSpecialJuan

17 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

Wut? Am I missing something?

With claiming Matt Corral, the Patriots essentially gained 2 picks, our 3rd and our 4th for free. We didn't lose 3 picks in that trade, no matter which way you slice it. That's some head scratching math.

But....they got Matt Corral as their backup QB.  is that a win?

• Beer 1

29 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

Wut? Am I missing something?

With claiming Matt Corral, the Patriots essentially gained 2 picks, our 3rd and our 4th for free. We didn't lose 3 picks in that trade, no matter which way you slice it. That's some head scratching math.

I meant it like “now they have 3 of our things.”

But yes they originally had the pick. So yes. They originally got 2 of our things, and we got one of their things, and we drafted a player with that thing, but now they have the player we picked, and they still have the others 2 things of ours.

Math hurts. You’re right. I concede. fug the Pats. 

4 hours ago, rayzor said:

What brilliant thing has belichick done since Brady walked out?

Was it replacing offensive coaches with defensive coaches?

Someone show me how me how he's currently smarter than everyone else.

Me old mate Bill was ordinary before Brady and after he left. He’s sacked this off-season or retires before it happens 

6 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

So we could have grabbed DJ Johnson with our original 3rd without doing another trade, or taken Byron Young, who was still available. Draft masterclass

I’ve been soured on Fitterer from the moment he took Jaycee Horn over Fields, Parsons, Slater, or even Patrick Surtain II. He is always on the losing end of his draft day trades.

• Poo 3

54 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I’ve been soured on Fitterer from the moment he took Jaycee Horn over Fields, Parsons, Slater, or even Patrick Surtain II. He is always on the losing end of his draft day trades.

Eh, think that's a little bit revisionist history and a little bit misguided.

Nobody could have predicted Horn's injury issues and I still think he can be alive if he can stay healthy, so still not upset about taking him instead of Surtain, but that's really the only one of those players I'd have been okay with there.

I'm still convinced Fields will end up as a bust, he can't throw the ball and at some point he won't be able to run it every play (even when he did, they ended up with the worst record in the league).

Parsons wasn't what he is now coming out, he was a MLB, which we weren't taking at 8.  In a re-draft right now, he goes #2 behind Lawrence and if everyone knew he'd end up the pass rusher he is, he probably ends up going 3 after Lawrence and Wilson at the time anyways.

And Slater would have been a reach there are the time, I'd have been okay trading back a bit to get him, but not at 8 then.

Edited by tukafan21
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1