• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

JaShaun Corbin RB

Puresteel55

1 hour ago, mc52beast said:

Listening to FNZ, they haven’t said his name once.

They are too busy asking questions to national media guests like:

1. Does the national media find us interesting and like us?

2. To female guest: Did Bryce look small when you stood next to him?

You have to listen to Raleigh based (and I'm not a Raleigh person) or to podcasts to get anything informative about the Panthers. 

• Flames 1

9 minutes ago, Ricky Prickles said:

I will take him. Not like we have much outside of Sanders anyhow and if he goes down we are in serious trouble. I would have thought we would have brought in Leonard Fournette to talk and consider as I be he has a season or two left in him with some production.

Chuba, as I've been saying for a couple of seasons now, is simply just highly underrated on the Huddle. 

APY: $1.048 million (rookie contract; 85th among running backs).

Hubbard took a big step forward as a runner and receiver in 2022, with major bumps in yards per carry (4.9, up from 3.6 in 2021) and yards per reception (12.2, up from 7.0). And he averaged 5.0 yards per rush between the tackles last year, per Next Gen Stats, tying for eighth in the league. While free-agent acquisition Miles Sanders forecasts to be the primary back in Carolina, Hubbard's importance and reliability drive a ton of value -- especially while rookie QB Bryce Young adjusts to the NFL game.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-s-most-underappreciated-players-kirk-cousins-osa-odighizuwa-among-nfc-picks#:~:text=Hubbard took a,for eighth in the league.

Hubbard was quietly efficient behind a Panthers offensive line that got into an excellent groove on the ground in the second half. Hubbard averaged 4.9 yards per carry and even showed an evolved ability to impact the pass game (sixth-best yards per route run).

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/2865693/chuba-hubbard/fantasy/

Hubbard, according to Next Gen Stats, was actually the most efficient rusher in the league last season. His 3.18 efficiency rating, which is calculated by taking the total distance a player traveled on rushing plays per rushing yards gained, ranked first amongst all ball carriers in 2022.

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2023/05/30/panthers-rb-chuba-hubbard-underappreciated-next-gen-stats-miles-sanders/

I just don't know what some of you are/aren't seeing. Like I said in an earlier thread: some of you must expect the guy to run through walks. Chuba is like one of the better backups that there is. I think people just hate him because he was a Rhule pick (Julie and Matt). 

• Pie 1