• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral has been cut

TheSpecialJuan

13 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

@Wundrbread33 so much for your guy getting coached up.

Clearly this dude was not a NFL level QB. Wish him well hope he can develop somewhere else.

Little early to say, but most guys trying to make it at this level don’t make it. 

I’ve liked his physical tools from the jump, but we know the game is more than that. Brandon Smith is another recent example. He’s a perfect madden linebacker, but little Sam Mills/Jon Beason were elite real life linebackers. 

People lump Corral supporters with the “Young Lion” guy, but I just tried to be a counterbalance to the people writing him off after the debacle of how he was handled last preseason. 

Like all former panthers, I wish him the best, whether on our PS or on another. 

39 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Bryce may end up being the GOAT - dude looks sharp. But I said the minute they drafted Corral; that the Panthers would be haunted by passing on Sam for Matt for a long time. I was labeled a homer and laughed at. 

y’all gonna learn to listen and respect the UNC die hards here. 

Sam has proved nothing. You UNC diehards are gonna learn the world doesn’t revolve around Chapel Hill. 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

Why yall worried about Sam Howell? We got Bryce Young as QB? Who gives a fug that we didn't draft Purdy etc. 

For some reason they love talking about other teams QB we missed out on.

Just shows you how bad our QB situation has been when people clamoring over middle of the pack QB's like Howell in Purdy.

We got a franchise elite QB in Young. I can give 2 fugs about those lower tier QB's.

• Pie 2

4 minutes ago, Cam Lawter said:

Why yall worried about Sam Howell? We got Bryce Young as QB? Who gives a fug that we didn't draft Purdy etc. 

b/c the UNC contingent around here is suffocating. They are collectively UNC blowhards first and Panther fans second. Any, and I mean any opportunity to interject UNC propaganda inside a thread is part of their cults mission statement.  

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Sam has proved nothing. You UNC diehards are gonna learn the world doesn’t revolve around Chapel Hill. 

You don't have to be a UNC fan to recognize that Corral over Howell was a tremendous misevaluation. It's just that UNC fans said it right when it happened. Actually before when the trade up was announced.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, ECHornet said:

You don't have to be a UNC fan to recognize that Corral over Howell was a tremendous misevaluation. It's just that UNC fans said it right when it happened. Actually before when the trade up was announced.

Even if that was true, the UNC fans weren’t saying it out of objectivity - they were saying it out of bias. 

anyways, not a corral defender. Glad he’s gone. Also glad we have Bryce. 

Edited by USDepartmentOfSavagery

2 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Little early to say, but most guys trying to make it at this level don’t make it. 

I’ve liked his physical tools from the jump, but we know the game is more than that. Brandon Smith is another recent example. He’s a perfect madden linebacker, but little Sam Mills/Jon Beason were elite real life linebackers. 

People lump Corral supporters with the “Young Lion” guy, but I just tried to be a counterbalance to the people writing him off after the debacle of how he was handled last preseason. 

He needs to go to San Fran or LA Rams. Those coaches know how to make QB's better.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Hope he balls out. I liked Corral and Howell as my 1a and 1b last year. 

With Sam/PJ at QB, I still wanted to draft Howell after we drafted Corral lol. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

His career is pretty much over effective immediately

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Hope he balls out. I liked Corral and Howell as my 1a and 1b last year. 

With Sam/PJ at QB, I still wanted to draft Howell after we drafted Corral lol. 

same here,  and the guy we drafted instead of howell just got cut yesterday

I wouldnt have spent our first on Howell, but in the 4rth he would have been a damn steal

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

This!

And im a UNC diehard myself. You had people saying Drake Maye was better than Caleb Williams last season. Like stop it. Caleb is just on a different level. Maye struggled down the stretch in the weak ACC conference. He's legit but he's not better than Caleb.

UNC fans need to chill out overhyping these QB's.

Edited by CamWhoaaCam
  • Flames 1