• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers fantasy football

rebelrouser

Our draft came and went with Bryce Young being taken in the final round by a Bama homer and not one wr being taken. I'm going to drop add tomorrow and pick up Thielen. Don't want any other wrs (maybe Mingo as a long play hold) or that defense. What are your thoughts on fantasy possibilities for Bryce, TE, WR's?

The answer to this question will always depend on league format.

If you're in a 10 team non-PPR league with standard rosters (i.e. 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex), I think Sanders is the only draftable Panther this year, only exception would be a late flyer on Mingo if you are set at WR and can take some lottery tickets that you can let sit for a month or so.

But if you're in a league like mine, 12 team PPR with 2 flex spots, then someone like Thielen is 100% someone you should be targeting as your 4th or 5th WR, i.e. your top WR on the bench who becomes your starter during injury and bye week issues.  I absolutely LOVE Thielen in that role, hell, in that exact role for me last year he helped me win my championship as I had some injury issues and he ended up starting almost every week for me during the season and then I got lucky and was healthy in the playoffs and he moved to my bench.  

In this offense, he seems like he's going to be Bryce's safety valve who is all but guaranteed 4-5 catches for 40-50 yards each game, with some where he gets some more than that and then adds around 6 TD's on top.  That's a guaranteed 9-10 points per game in a PPR, which is exactly what you'd want from that guy that you use as a filler starter when needed, low ceiling but a high floor.

Unfortunately for me, I'm in an auction league with a 11 Lions fans who all would have watched that last game.  Before this game I think I was going to be able to get him for $1, now after they all watched Bryce target him in that game, I'm sure some people will bid him up on me after seeing that.

Edited by tukafan21