• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Cuts

Mr. Scot

4 minutes ago, 96Bravo said:

I mean, sure. But with Burns and Houston, as well as Haynes behind them...I didn't want to seem greedy. Lol

Business is Business.  You cannot have enough pass rushers. It's a long season a casualties happen along they way. I would talk to him to guage his interest at least. 

• Pie 1

Just got home from work.  I see Jensen and D. Wright made it.  Two guys I thought may make the initial 53.  Erving got cut too, which I thought was a possibility.  Kinda shocked Jones got cut along with both STO and Taylor...figured one of two would stick.  Bubble guys Shi Smith, Brandon Smith and McCray all got the axe.

The biggest surprise to me is the number of TEs that were kept, especially Sullivan.  Ricci was a bubble guy, so no huge shock, but how in the heck did Sullivan make it?  Congrats to Sullivan, Lee, Ray, Thurman, Wooten, Jensen and Wright on beating the odds.

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Just got home from work.  I see Jensen and D. Wright made it.  Two guys I thought may make the initial 53.  Erving got cut too, which I thought was a possibility.  Kinda shocked Jones got cut along with both STO and Taylor...figured one of two would stick.  Bubble guys Shi Smith, Brandon Smith and McCray all got the axe.

The biggest surprise to me is the number of TEs that were kept, especially Sullivan.  Ricci was a bubble guy, so no huge shock, but how in the heck did Sullivan make it?  Congrats to Sullivan, Lee, Ray, Thurman, Wooten, Jensen and Wright on beating the odds.

Sullivan has apparently impressed coaches - he’s always shown flashes.  Hoping he fits in nicely here.  That being said - I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s cut if we make a move later on 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Smithers said:

Sullivan has apparently impressed coaches - he’s always shown flashes.  Hoping he fits in nicely here.  That being said - I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s cut if we make a move later on 

The term you're looking for is expendable.  There's quite a few left that fit that description. They are on borrowed time. 

• Pie 2

Just now, Jon Snow said:

The term you're looking for is expendable.  There's quite a few left that fit that description. They are on borrowed time. 

Agreed.  Sullivan and Wright will be the first 2 to go IMO with any new signings.  We def need another OL and DL

Just now, Smithers said:

Agreed.  Sullivan and Wright will be the first 2 to go IMO with any new signings.  We def need another OL and DL

I'm not too worried about the oline at the moment.  My concern is the defense. And to some extent the offense skill players. But depth is a concern all over the roster.  It's about the same as it has always been, but trending in the right direction, or at least the competency of the staff whose deciding it anyway. 

4 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Eh, DL and CB.  Remember BC can play left tackle and Mayes can play RT, Corbett will return eventually too.  With Jackson's and Horn's injury history, I'd like one more corner as insurance.

• Pie 1