• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Preseason DOESN'T matter per huddle insiders... John Harbaugh has a PSA for ya

TheBigKat

14 hours ago, rayzor said:

And for the record (and because that comment pissed me off a bit) ...

Acting like a coward hiding behind the warning button? That "cowardly act" is meant to let people know when they are pushing things a bit too far so that they don't wind up doing something that will get them banned, but do it in a way that isn't calling someone out in public.

It's fugging meant to keep people from getting called out in public because who loves that kind of poo happening to them?

It's a fugging courtesy. Ain't no hiding going on and if you've been here and paying attention you'd know that I don't have a problem calling anyone out either through a warning (that's really no one else's business) or in the middle of the thread, so if you or anyone else gets a warning from one of us, be glad that we're not just banning you right out or calling you out publicly. It's no one else's business when you get a warning, not even those who have reported what you did drawing our attention.

And when you get a warning, don't take it personally (or do, I don't really care), just comply and move on and let it go. It's not as serious as you think, but it definitely keeps it from getting too serious or too out of control.

And now....

Deep Breath Smile GIF by ABC Network

Well since you brought it up, I'll say that I have no problem with Huddlers getting warned, but I have three issues in general.

1. Warnings need to be meted out equitably. I understand that you must use judgement in any specific situation, but you can't warn one when another in that specific situation has obviously done the same thing.

2. The same forum member  shouldn't receive two warnings from two different mods with two different outcomes for the exact same infraction. That's akin to douchebaggery by the second mod, punishing you when one mod has already warned you.

3. I think that mods are able to "hide" in the sense that you won't even take messages about said warnings in order for Huddlers to make their case if they so desire

Points 1 and 2, I just will never understand as it speaks to justice and fairness. Point 3? Well it would be nice. Sometimes appeals are justified (sometimes not).

Just my two cents (especially being that @Zod seems to be letting the prisoners run the asyluml).

• Pie 1

Winning and losing doesn't matter in the preseason.

Also, I'm going to clear up something from my thread the other day:

Individual evaluations matter and the team as a whole has not looked good. I am not hitting the panic button though because I EXPECT us not to look great right out of the gate.

I'm not worried though. 

We have a new coaching staff, new QB, new WRs 1, 2, and 3, new RB, and new TE, all of which have never played together. There are only 10 training camp practices with the current CBA, so there is roughly a two week period where every one of those new people are trying to get acclimated with each other and figure out how each other plays and coaches. This takes some time. 

Every one of the "failures" we see during the preseason is a learning opportunity for this team on how to play better with each other. These issues will eventually get ironed out, but don't think it will happen over night. So I'm exercising patience and not sweating poor preseason performances. This staff isn't nearly as incompetent as Rhule's was on paper, so I don't anticipate it taking 7 years like we previously had to sit through.

We are this year's Jaguars. It took them about half the year to wash the stench of Urban Meyer off and find their footing. I anticipate something similar happening with us. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

13 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Duce doesn't separate preseason and regular season and he's not shy about letting his backs know it...

Nor should he.

As a coach, he's going to expect full effort on every play whether it's practice, preseason or whatever. That's his job.

To be clear though, that's not the same as fans panicking over preseason results.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...