• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hubbard injured?

Bear Hands

29 minutes ago, frankw said:

Hmm seems like a waste of his and our time then. It would be nice to keep churning the position group given our lead back is nursing a groin injury which can linger.

I don't believe that player development is necessarily a waste of time. It can actually be looked upon as a positive or all involved parties. Everyone can't start right away. Some players need extra attention and time. Give me $15400 per week for being on a practice squad. I'll work to get on the 53 and be happy.

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, Smithers said:

Rumor has it the Eagles may cut Penny due to a numbers game.  Would love to take a chance on him.

That would be a very big addition for us. Do you want Penny over K Hunt he seems like a really good late pickup especially with these mounting injuries.

1 hour ago, The Lobo said:

Maybe I’m wrong, but we really should have kept Forman. 

I didn't think so before but it seems like we could of put a lot more effort into bringing him back because he went somewhere were he's not the starter either which baffled me. He took a 3 mill deal we could of swung something close and entice him with no relocation a coach who loves to run the ball FR. Even Duce as a coach could've had more weapons we'll see how it plays out early in the season before I judge to much.

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, top dawg said:

I don't believe that player development is necessarily a waste of time. It can actually be looked upon as a positive or all involved parties. Everyone can't start right away. Some players need extra attention and time. Give me $15400 per week for being on a practice squad. I'll work to get on the 53 and be happy.

Nobody develops from the sideline.

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

That's not (even remotely) what's going on. 

If we don't think he's worth giving reps to cut him loose. We've been getting eyes on him in camp too supposedly. The RB position is one where you can find a stud here and there much easier than some others. I just don't want to reach the midway point in the season and be looking back thinking why didn't we do more. I assume you feel the same. With that in mind at bare minimum we should be looking at other teams cuts and possibly even signing someone like Fournette as others have mentioned. If we had a veteran QB I would be a little less concerned about this but with a rookie and a sketchy oline we need to put as much support and depth around this kid as possible.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

If we don't think he's worth giving reps to cut him loose. We've been getting eyes on him in camp too supposedly. The RB position is one where you can find a stud here and there much easier than some others. I just don't want to reach the midway point in the season and be looking back thinking why didn't we do more. I assume you feel the same. With that in mind at bare minimum we should be looking at other teams cuts and possibly even signing someone like Fournette as others have mentioned. If we had a veteran QB I would be a little less concerned about this but with a rookie and a sketchy oline we need to put as much support and depth around this kid as possible.

If Chuba is out for any extended period of time, I'm all for signing Fournette, Penny or whoever as opposed to relying on an obvious project.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Jmac said:

As I said in my previous post, they need to bring in a RB that can do the job. Young needs a competent running game that he can rely on.  Definitely a fail if they don't give him that.

If we get competent O-line play, we can establish a competent running game. Injuries obviously play a part of that equation.

My favourite part about this season's RB threads is that a lot of the same folks wringing their hands over that group are the same ones that have been pounding the drum to spend the bare minimum on the position.

I'm not saying to break the bank for a devalued position, but the irony is hilarious.

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 1

25 minutes ago, Icege said:

My favourite part about this season's RB threads is that a lot of the same folks wringing their hands over that group are the same ones that have been pounding the drum to spend the bare minimum on the position.

I'm not saying to break the bank for a devalued position, but the irony is hilarious.

This might come as a surprise to you but there is a happy medium between paying one RB the most expensive contract in the league at his position with no starting QB in place and fielding a backfield with sensible contracts or rookies.

5 hours ago, Smithers said:

Rumor has it the Eagles may cut Penny due to a numbers game.  Would love to take a chance on him.

So... your solution to our RB injury concerns is to sign someone who has only been able to play in 42 of a possible 82 games in his career due to injury issues?

I'd like to see us go and get Hunt