• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hubbard injured?

Bear Hands

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/panthers-chuba-hubbard-suffers-ankle-injury-friday/

Coach Frank Reich said Hubbard sustained an ankle injury during Friday's 21-19 preseason loss at the Giants, Mike Kaye of The Charlotte Observer reports.

For a second consecutive contest, Hubbard started for the hobbled Miles Sanders (groin), turning his eight carries into 30 yards. Now that the Panthers' top two running backs are injured, the team is left with Raheem Blackshear, Spencer Brown and Camerun Peoples as its healthy running backs. While Sanders likely will be sidelined until Week 1, it remains to be seen if Hubbard will be able to play in the preseason final on Friday, Aug. 25 versus the Lions.

Sanders status dependent, this could put us in a pickle for week 1.

We'll wait and see with Chuba, but an ankle injury for an RB no matter the severeness isn't ideal.

I really like Blackshear but Brown seems pedestrian.  Just doesn't do it for me.  You can find RBs a bit easier than other spots so I expect we'll be taking a fine look at Blackshear/Brown/Peoples this week.  

Keep an eye on some other team competition.  Notable: Carter or Abanikanda could be looking on the outside for NYJ with Cook coming in.

• Pie 1

Peoples runs high (not necessarily a death knell), is not known for a lot of shake-and-bake, hasn't displayed the ability to consistently catch (so currently his three-down prospects are questionable), and perhaps most importantly is sketchy at pass blocking. I don't think that we're ready to rely on People's.

Edited by top dawg