• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At least we have the Canes

Panthers Fan 69

23 hours ago, KillerKat said:

However a GM that doesnt directly fix the biggest issue we have to put us over the top.

And a cheap Owner. I have no clue what that man is talking about in regards to Ownership. OP's been an odd ball around this Forum for a while now. 

51 minutes ago, OUCPFL said:

And a cheap Owner. I have no clue what that man is talking about in regards to Ownership. OP's been an odd ball around this Forum for a while now. 

I don’t think our owner is cheap in regards to the product on the ice. In fact, GMDW and the Canes are one do the few teams that were vocally disappointed in the fact that the cap only went up a little.

We are a cap team now which is something we never were under Rutherford.

Ultimately, Dundon is a business man. If he thinks turning the surrounding area of PNC Arena into The Battery is going to generate money then he’ll do it. But he’ll also let someone like John Forslund go to save money if he doesn’t think it’ll affect the bottom line.

Where I think the issue lies is in how we spend the money and in how we evaluate our own prospects and picks.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I don’t think our owner is cheap in regards to the product on the ice. In fact, GMDW and the Canes are one do the few teams that were vocally disappointed in the fact that the cap only went up a little.

We are a cap team now which is something we never were under Rutherford.

Ultimately, Dundon is a business man. If he thinks turning the surrounding area of PNC Arena into The Battery is going to generate money then he’ll do it. But he’ll also let someone like John Forslund go to save money if he doesn’t think it’ll affect the bottom line.

Where I think the issue lies is in how we spend the money and in how we evaluate our own prospects and picks.

Our own Coach made fun of Dundon being cheap not too long ago............so....................

35 minutes ago, OUCPFL said:

Our own Coach made fun of Dundon being cheap not too long ago............so....................

He didn’t say he was cheap. He basically said that if he could find someone to do the same job that Rod does for less than he’d go with the guy that’s going to command less. Which is what any businessman would do.

As far as the product on the ice being cheap… we have $900K in cap space, we literally can’t do anything else outside of trading players.

As for Rod it comes down to whether Dundon thinks Rod is responsible for the ascension of the team or if he thinks the players are more responsible. If Dundon thinks it has more to do with the players and that another coach could come in and get the same result for less money then yes, Dundon will go with the other coach.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Beer 1

if we start talking about preseason NHL results as an indicator of future season performance that'll be my sign to walk away from this 

NFL preseason has lost more and more each year to the point where a lot of contract players don't step on the field and yet fans completely ignore that just so they can pout. i'm all set

2 hours ago, backINblack28 said:

NFL preseason has lost more and more each year to the point where a lot of contract players don't step on the field and yet fans completely ignore that just so they can pout. i'm all set

With but a few exceptions, this really isn't true at all. Now there are 3 preseason games in the NFL and, for the most part, starters from each team have seen significant time on the field. Even Patrick Mahomes has been out there quite a bit.

3 hours ago, backINblack28 said:

if we start talking about preseason NHL results as an indicator of future season performance that'll be my sign to walk away from this 

To be fair, we’ve always looked good in preseason.

Hell, Coghlan looked liked a damn Norris trophy winner.

6 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

To be fair, we’ve always looked good in preseason.

Hell, Coghlan looked liked a damn Norris trophy winner.

Rod's system translates even when you put young kids in it when they're playing other young kids.

Things can be taken from meaningless games that don't necessarily just mean 'we're going to be trash' or 'we're winning a championship' -- my main point is only that writing that book before it starts is just praying to be quoted with receipts later regardless especially when it's just vicious, instant, emotional overreaction that goes the entire opposite way of the quotes we get from the coaching staff regarding what's happening in front of our eyes.

IMO bottom line the overreaction is abominable, irrelevant, and wholly embarrassing if literally any other fanbase puts eyes on it.  As a younger fanbase who gets flack for that against the older guard, it feels like we're consciously shooting ourselves in both feet.  Not a fun thing to put in the forefront of pairing with putting Rhule in the rear view.