• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Fitterer the right guy?

NJPanthers89

8 minutes ago, CRA said:

I literally said you shouldn't believe anyone as the truth teller when poo hits the fan in a NFL franchise.    Everyone telling their own version of partial truths to make them not look bad. 

The poo show wasn't just Matt Rhule.  It was Tepper, Marty, Scott and Rhule.  I blame them all.  

That Rhule was given full control was documented multiple times well before his firing.

You can choose not to believe it if you want, but you do so with no source other than your own ass. Every reliable source says otherwise.

20 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I ddint believe until I saw our social media team posting poo from his Baylor/Rutgers days..... at that moment i realized he did have control. A coach should never be involved in marketing, ever.

yeah, but that's the dot connection that doesn't sell.  Did Rhule care about social media?  And that makes sense for a college coach. But because he butted in there he somehow to what is largely pointless social media...he then dominated a billionaire and his GM on all aspects of the actual franchise until the day he was fired?  I don't buy that.  

I blame them all.  I'm not carving out a space for Tepper, Marty or Scott.  Hell, people basically describe Marty when praising Scott lol and that's by anti-Marty folks.  Not sure how that works. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That Rhule was given full control was documented multiple times well before his firing.

You can choose not to believe it if you want, but you do so with no source other than your own ass. Every reliable source says otherwise.

twitter rumblings.  Everything was always a rumor.  What people thought. 

please feel free to share Tepper or Scott saying it was true.  Or the contract.  

again, poo hits the fan or is going bad....I don't believe anyone.  Or what they leak to reporters.  Everything is about saving face.  And it became evident preseason of year 2 that the Panthers made a massive mistake on Rhule.  He wasn't qualified or fit.   That's how quick they botched it.  And knew it.  Everyone knew that but the optimistic to fault segment of the huddle. 

and again, let's pretend it was true.  That makes Fitt a joke.  A paper GM.  And it means, Tepper has a vast interest and involvement in everything from soccer, to entertainment.....just not football.  He will farm total control to random college football coach.  Despite that being the core of Tepper Sports and the fact Tepper is documented to be heavily involved in everything else.  

9 minutes ago, CRA said:

again, poo hits the fan or is going bad....I don't believe anyone.  Or what they leak to reporters.  Everything is about saving face.  And it became evident preseason of year 2 that the Panthers made a massive mistake on Rhule.  He wasn't qualified or fit.   That's how quick they botched it.  And knew it.  Everyone knew that but the optimistic to fault segment of the huddle. 

and again, let's pretend it was true.  That makes Fitt a joke.  A paper GM.  And it means, Tepper has a vast interest and involvement in everything from soccer, to entertainment.....just not football.  He will farm total control to random college football coach.  Despite that being the core of Tepper Sports and the fact Tepper is documented to be heavily involved in everything else.  

Dude, this is some of the heaviest bullsh-tting I've ever seen you do 😄

The whole "I never believe anyone" bit actually translates to "I make up my own narrative in my head and no amount of reported facts from actual sources will change my mind", which pretty well sums up your posting.

I guess David Tepper is sitting next to you in the room again 😁

Edited by Mr. Scot

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Dude, this is some of the heaviest bullsh-tting I've ever seen you do 😄

The whole "I never believe anyone" bit actually translates to "I make up my own narrative in my head and no amount of reported facts from actual sources will change my mind", which pretty well sums up your posting.

I guess David Tepper is sitting next to you in the room again 😁

It’s foolish to believe anyone as the true teller of truths when they are in a shitshow and trying to save face.  And the Rhule experiment is a top 5 comedy show in the last 2 decades of the NFL.   Nothing bullshit about that.  And the joke was evident to the entire league preseason of year 2. 

We need to fire Marty!  He is just a coach/owner GM that does whatever they want!!  Why did we need to fire Marty Hurney? If Rhule had total control? Hurney is the textbook GM of doing what a coach wants.  Because we needed a new name that does exactly what Marty did well?  

I’m not the one making excuses for people.  That’s you.  I blame Tepper, Marty, Rhule and Fitt for the clown show we have been.  You are the one trying to carve folks out of it. 

maybe Tepper and Fitt can redeem themselves.  That would be the hope.  But Matt Rhule was a joke and is used as a means to excuse everyone.  You can do that.  I don’t have too. 

reporters report what they hear.  That’s not real truth either.   Especially in today’s worlds.  Often they are reporting what people want them to be reporting.  Partial truths. 

but yeah, I don’t believe large organizations, billionaires , etc when they got poo on their face.  That’s not a Panther carve out either.  Their focus is on PR/spin rather than truth.   You can though.  

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

It’s foolish to believe anyone as the true teller of truths when they are in a shitshow and trying to save face.  And the Rhule experiment is a top 5 comedy show in the last 2 decades of the NFL.   Nothing bullshit about that.  And the joke was evident to the entire league preseason of year 2. 

We need to fire Marty!  He is just a coach/owner GM that does whatever they want!!  Why did we need to fire Marty Hurney? If Rhule had total control? Hurney is the textbook GM of doing what a coach wants.  Because we needed a new name that does exactly what Marty did well?  

I’m not the one making excuses for people.  That’s you.  I blame Tepper, Marty, Rhule and Fitt for the clown show we have been.  You are the one trying to carve folks out of it. 

Come on, dude. I know you like to stir sh-t up but this is out there 😆

Marty needed to be fired long before Rhule ever got here. He was bad at what he did. That didn't change just because Rhule got full control.

And every GM does what the coach wants regardless of how the org chart is arranged. They may disagree on specifics, but their whole purpose is to get the coach what they need for their system. That is unless you think they're pulling some kind of weird "thesis / antithesis / synthesis" experiment.

Also to be clear, nobody other than Rhule has spoken out directly on their version of events. The stories are coming from people with inside connections (Gantt, Person, others).

I suppose you'll suggest they're making things up or just spouting what the team tells them, but that's the kind of excuse you typically make when you're just making sh-t up that you have no basis for.

Well, except for David Tepper being in the room with you of course 😄

49 minutes ago, CRA said:

Wait so either Fitterer was in control and sucks so you are right. 

Or he wasn’t in control, which makes him a “paper” GM so he still sucks so you are right.

So you are arguing one side, whilst stealing the other side too.

Ain't gonna lie I’m not even mad at this tactic. 👏🏻 

Edited by Wundrbread33
  • Pie 3

I think it's impossible to grade him fully yet because by all accounts Rhule was actually the defacto GM his first few years and even in his last season still had "final say". This is well documented. 

Fitt knows ball and he comes from a great culture in Seattle. I'm more than willing to give him this and next season before jumping to any conclusions. 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, CRA said:

yeah, but that's the dot connection that doesn't sell.  Did Rhule care about social media?  And that makes sense for a college coach. But because he butted in there he somehow to what is largely pointless social media...he then dominated a billionaire and his GM on all aspects of the actual franchise until the day he was fired?  I don't buy that.  

I blame them all.  I'm not carving out a space for Tepper, Marty or Scott.  Hell, people basically describe Marty when praising Scott lol and that's by anti-Marty folks.  Not sure how that works. 

I get your opinion here, but there are too many facts that disprove this.  Our social media posts were legit copy and pasting from Rhule's previous stops. Also, on reddit there was the ASA with the Panthers former social media team member that pretty much said that Rhule was in control of everything "including places he shouldnt be" and that people were hating their jobs at TSE. 

I respect your opinion, but there is just too much out there counter-points your perspective. 

• Pie 1

19 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I get your opinion here, but there are too many facts that disprove this.  Our social media posts were legit copy and pasting from Rhule's previous stops. Also, on reddit there was the ASA with the Panthers former social media team member that pretty much said that Rhule was in control of everything "including places he shouldnt be" and that people were hating their jobs at TSE. 

I respect your opinion, but there is just too much out there counter-points your perspective. 

Yep, and there are others who have left the organization (or no longer cover it) that can speak freely.

I've yet to see anybody say "You know what? Matt Rhule just didn't have enough input."

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Come on, dude. I know you like to stir sh-t up but this is out there 😆

Marty needed to be fired long before Rhule ever got here. He was bad at what he did. That didn't change just because Rhule got full control.

And every GM does what the coach wants regardless of how the org chart is arranged. They may disagree on specifics, but their whole purpose is to get the coach what they need for their system. That is unless you think they're pulling some kind of weird "thesis / antithesis / synthesis" experiment.

Also to be clear, nobody other than Rhule has spoken out directly on their version of events. The stories are coming from people with inside connections (Gantt, Person, others).

I suppose you'll suggest they're making things up or just spouting what the team tells them, but that's the kind of excuse you typically make when you're just making sh-t up that you have no basis for.

Well, except for David Tepper being in the room with you of course 😄

again, if Rhule has complete power and is the actual GM....why did you need to fire Marty? Who was a textbook do whatever you tell me GM to process what Rhule wanted done?  Marty can do that type job as good as anyone.   Everyone likes Marty.  Easy going.  Get the guy you want and pay him.   

and no, every front office doesn't do what the coach wants all time.   We know that.  After everyone is done we always here about who wanted what and who got it in different regimes/orgs. 

you claimed you had stone cold facts about the power in house.   I mean, you don't.  Darin Gantt LITERALLY works for the Panthers.   And yeah, reporters write stories all the time about what is leaked and pushed to them.  Narratives people want.  And that's not just sports.  But we see it all the time with sports.  Contracts.  Firings.  Front offices, players, agents.   Everyone uses reporters.  

again, if you want to believe everything as the gospel that an organization is saying after being laughed at my literally everyone for being bumbling idiots...... you can choose to do that.  I don't do it for anyone else.  And I'm not going to carve out a unique and lone spot for the David Tepper Panthers. 

Me? Matt Rhule isn't my lone scapegoat for all the bad.  He gets his fair share from me.  Probably more.  But everyone else had their hands in it too.  Tepper.  Marty.  Fitt. 

and the worst part about the current rebuild, is Tepper didn't hire a new GM.  The bad part about that is it keeps the standard scapegoat cycle in play.  Oh, Bryce and Frank aren't getting it done? They just need a better GM.   Fitt goes under the bus.  Once they hire the new GM? Well, then it's Frank/Bryce who would be next if the team isn't getting it done.  Well, we got a good GM now it's the coach and his dudes.   Which is why my preference is to pair them.  That's the ideal play.  If you are fan.  Because it limits the blame game and scapegoating by the folks in house.  Which is the standard NFL game by teams. 

Just now, CRA said:

again, if Rhule has complete power and is the actual GM....why did you need to fire Marty? Who was a textbook do whatever you tell me GM to process what Rhule wanted done?  Marty can do that type job as good as anyone.   Everyone likes Marty.  Easy going.  Get the guy you want and pay him.   

and no, every front office doesn't do what the coach wants all time.   We know that.  After everyone is done we always here about who wanted what and who got it in different regimes/orgs. 

you claimed you had stone cold facts about the power in house.   I mean, you don't.  Darin Gantt LITERALLY works for the Panthers.   And yeah, reporters write stories all the time about what is leaked and pushed to them.  Narratives people want.  And that's not just sports.  But we see it all the time with sports.  Contracts.  Firings.  Front offices, players, agents.   Everyone uses reporters.  

again, if you want to believe everything as the gospel that an organization is saying after being laughed at my literally everyone for being bumbling idiots...... you can choose to do that.  I don't do it for anyone else.  And I'm not going to carve out a unique and lone spot for the David Tepper Panthers. 

Me? Matt Rhule isn't my lone scapegoat for all the bad.  He gets his fair share from me.  Probably more.  But everyone else had their hands in it too.  Tepper.  Marty.  Fitt. 

and the worst part about the current rebuild, is Tepper didn't hire a new GM.  The bad part about that is it keeps the standard scapegoat cycle in play.  Oh, Bryce and Frank aren't getting it done? They just need a better GM.   Fitt goes under the bus.  Once they hire the new GM? Well, then it's Frank/Bryce who would be next if the team isn't getting it done.  Well, we got a good GM now it's the coach and his dudes.   Which is why my preference is to pair them.  That's the ideal play.  If you are fan.  Because it limits the blame game and scapegoating by the folks in house.  Which is the standard NFL game by teams. 

Well, if the choice is between believing people who actually had access to what was going on or believing your narrative, i.e. that of someone who has access to absolutely nothing and is just making it up as he goes along, then that's an easy choice 😄

Probably also worth pointing out that there's a difference between having final say and doing everything. Somebody still has to do the scouting, watch the games, write profiles, etc.

Even Rhule realized he couldn't do all that himself. That's why there's a personnel department.

I get that you choose to ignore what you hear in favor of making up your own narrative in your head, but I'd rather listen to reliable sources.

Sorry, but that's not you 🫥

(even if David Tepper is sitting right beside you)

• Poo 1