• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Fitterer the right guy?

NJPanthers89

51 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

If you have been paying attention you know who has been brought in the last 2 years. And there are plenty of players that have joined in the last 2 years that have, and will, make us better. I'd bet most Panther fans can name close to 10 or more players over the last 2 years. 

again, I don't care which path you take.  But if you want to give credit to Fitt for moves made in the Matt Rhule era.....then you can't make him immune to all the bad and claim Rhule was the all powerful and the real one at fault. 

if you want to claim you can only judge him post Matt Rhule's firing? That's cool too.  But literally none of that has shown up in Carolina uniform yet on Sunday to prove anything.  

So, you would have to declare a timeline on when you are evaluating Fitt as a GM.   Last 2 years goes into the Rhule era.  And there is a lot of bad there.   

I mean, look at "official depth chart" there is not a single starter on offense in terms of skill players that has logged an official snap for the Carolina Panthers. 

Hard to say our GM has done a great job building things up here given he is going into year 3.   In an offensive league. 

Unless, you acknowledge this is a rebuild.  Then it makes perfect sense for that to be the case. 

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, look at "official depth chart" there is not a single starter on offense in terms of skill players that has logged an official snap for the Carolina Panthers. 

Hard to say our GM has done a great job building things up here given he is going into year 3.   In an offensive league. 

Unless, you acknowledge this is a rebuild.  Then it makes perfect sense for that to be the case. 

NFL rebuilds aren’t NHL rebuilds. Aka an NFL rebuild shouldn’t take 5-7 years and shouldn’t be sold as such. An NFL rebuild is in the 3-4(in a worst case) seasons window. After that it just becomes a failure.

Edited by Harbingers

2 minutes ago, WCUcats said:

I am glad that our fanbase is taking this preseason in stride and haven't gone completely unhinged. 

Well, seeing has this is a new team , with a rookie QB, and new coaching staff, Pre-season means more than a team with already established starters just going through the motions

And the fact that our starters were awful 2 games in a row, after 3 years of being the joke of the league, is enough to make anyone unhinged 

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Well, seeing has this is a new team , with a rookie QB, and new coaching staff, Pre-season means more than a team with already established starters just going through the motions

And the fact that our starters were awful 2 games in a row, after 3 years of being the joke of the league, is enough to make anyone unhinged 

What part of Reich saying that we will be vanilla did you not understand?

1 hour ago, CRA said:

again, I don't care which path you take.  But if you want to give credit to Fitt for moves made in the Matt Rhule era.....then you can't make him immune to all the bad and claim Rhule was the all powerful and the real one at fault. 

if you want to claim you can only judge him post Matt Rhule's firing? That's cool too.  But literally none of that has shown up in Carolina uniform yet on Sunday to prove anything.  

So, you would have to declare a timeline on when you are evaluating Fitt as a GM.   Last 2 years goes into the Rhule era.  And there is a lot of bad there.   

54 minutes ago, CRA said:

See, this is the deal. It is widely known that Rhule had no authority last draft. You have to know these things. Or are you just playing the contrarian card?

Either way. I'm done. Play your mental gymnastics games with someone else.

3 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

See, this is the deal. It is widely known that Rhule had no authority last draft. You have to know these things. Or are you just playing the contrarian card?

Yupperz!

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

Mods I thought you were cracking down on crap like this.  

39 minutes ago, Gerry Green said:

It’s all selectively picking, choosing and guessing to suit.  That’s the point.  Either you open up the Rhule era to judge him or you don’t.  I’m fine either way.   

there is no mental gymnastics.  You want to say Fitt had done a great job building things up….I’m simply stating not a single starter at the skill positions on O has ever logged a single yard for Carolina.  And it’s an offensive league.   So what did he build as he enters year 3? 

it’s a rebuild.  We will see what happens.  Fitt doesn’t have much to his name in reality. 

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

It’s all selectively picking, choosing and guessing to suit.  That’s the point.  Either you open up the Rhule era to judge him or you don’t.  I’m fine either way.   

there is no mental gymnastics.  You want to say Fitt had done a great job building things up….I’m simply stating not a single starter at the skill positions on O has ever logged a single yard for Carolina.  And it’s an offensive league.   So what did he build as he enters year 3? 

He traded the #1 WR and picks for Bryce Young. I guess he's banking on Bryce Young being the offense. Pieces around him will come later. For all we know Mingo might be the real deal. 

We can't really judge Fitt until we start playing games. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

He traded the #1 WR and picks for Bryce Young. I guess he's banking on Bryce Young being the offense. Pieces around him will come later. For all we know Mingo might be the real deal. 

We can't really judge Fitt until we start playing games. 

He traded the 2 best offensive players on the team for picks.   Which I get the why.   And I’m fine holding off judgement on him and judging him post Rhule’s firing.  You just can’t say he has done of lot yet.   Every skill position guy added together has logged zero yards us in their career.  Whatever we are building is in its infancy.