• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Saints will win the division, we’re sending Chicago a top 10 pick

TheBigKat

7 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

The team looked like ass and went 1-3 in preseason Cams rookie year. First game of the season Cam lit it up. It’s preseason you dopes….We will be better than the last 4 years I can promise you that. No we are not a superbowl team, but I promise that by the end of the season we feel better about the direction of our teams future than we have felt in a very long time

Panthers moved the ball Cams preseason. I remember that Cincinatti touchdown rush and thought "holy poo, this guy might be something special".

Panthers have shown a grand total of absolutely nothing so far. O-line sucks, defense sucks, this new kicker sucks, offense skill positions not in sync. 

Its gonna be bad. I will be shocked if the Panthers get more than 4 wins this year.

Edited by Sean Payton's Vicodin
  • Pie 1
  • Poo 3

2 hours ago, TheBigKat said:

Two preseason games and first team has mustered 3 points.

Young might be good but he’s not Cam, he’ll never ‘will’ the team to victory, he’s going to be a great system QB

Defense got smoked by a Barkley’less Giants offense

but yea it’s preseason

The take isn't terrible but using Bryce as half of your scapegoat is atrocious. He maybe Joe Montana but we may never know if he is stuck on NorthWesterns squad. That 1st and 2nd team was a joke, two weeks in a row, putting it on Bryce seems to be a bit pre-scripted  by you.

1 hour ago, Varking said:

If Fields turns out good this year, and DJ looks good and they also get MHJ in the draft I will be super annoyed. 

The Bears did what's best for them, and we did what's best for us. I could care less at this point. Bryce is going to be at least good. I'm pretty sure that Mingo is too. I also am not crying about signing the other D.J. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Saca312 said:

I'm watching a preseason game, where good teams don't care about the score and just want to get out of it healthy and a better idea of what their players look like in 1v1s.

Half effort? Who cares, as long as people are healthy. The players are clearly fine on the sidelines and not freaking out about the score. I suspect that they've been drilled to keep healthy, and to not worry so much about a preseason score.

It's preseason. Come cry if they look like this during the regular season and I'm ready to cry with you all. I expect the coaching staff to adjust when games count and for the team to look much better resultingly. If not, then it's panic mode time.

But for now, it's just typical preseason football. Not worried at all.

Half effort is OK? You guys are completely wrong about preseason. The reason why winning and the score doesn’t mean much is because most of the game is played by backups and guys who won’t make the final roster. Maybe the coaches are holding back plays and being vanilla but that <> not trying on the play that’s called.

That doesn’t mean when the starters are out there that they are supposed to take plays off and give half effort. You can’t say you want to see players 1v1 and then say who cares about half effort.

Amazing that the same people who are always so dead set that our players would never give less effort to get a draft pick are literally saying it’s OK that our players giving half effort to get ready for the season. You can’t have it both ways. If Reich only wanted players to worry about staying healthy, why the hell would he even play starters? He may not want to show his amazing double reverse but he sure as poo wants the plays to put in max effort on a simple run. He isn’t saying to Iky, don’t worry about Kayvon hitting Bryce and almost taking out Moton’s knees as long as you didn’t break a nail grabbing at his jersey on the way by.

2 hours ago, Castavar said:

Wins in preseason don't matter

Scoring in preseason doesn't matter

HOWEVER, looking like complete ass in every phase from every unit and losing majority of your 1v1s is cause for concern.

Yep. It’s bizarre that people can’t get that. Backups and guys that don’t make the roster play most of the game so of course winning and scores don’t matter. If we drove down the field only to go for it on 4th and miss or have CB make a great end zone interception, who cares. Moving the ball effectively means more than actually scoring especially if you aren‘t running your best red zone plays. Watching a 2nd year edge rusher abuse your 2nd year LT after that LT just had a bad game the week before is concerning. Only 1 more preseason game left.

2 hours ago, onmyown said:

Yep. Already been saying this. People don’t want to hear it but it’s true. Young needs experience and there are more holes to fill and building needed. Care is a good QB. Maybe not SB caliber but he’ll be better than Young for a bit.

Saints will have the next couple of years and then it will either be Falcons or Panther time depending on who does it right. They have hell of a nice cap room to work with. We shall see.

Saints super aging roster has what for a couple of years? Why are we giving ourselves no shot 2 preseason games in. Sigh, lol.

• Pie 1