• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Preseason week 2 Thread

Panthercougar68

Are the dress rehearsal games no longer a thing anymore? With only 3 preseason games you'd think the 2nd or 3rd game would be the dress rehearsal but even going back to last year I don't think many teams had a "dress rehearsal" unless I'm mistaken. The Panthers were one of the few teams with a Qb controversy last off-season so it made sense we had starters playing in all 3 games but for other teams I don't recall seeing many starters. Anyone able to clarify?

28 minutes ago, Mr Mojo Risin said:

Are the dress rehearsal games no longer a thing anymore? With only 3 preseason games you'd think the 2nd or 3rd game would be the dress rehearsal but even going back to last year I don't think many teams had a "dress rehearsal" unless I'm mistaken. The Panthers were one of the few teams with a Qb controversy last off-season so it made sense we had starters playing in all 3 games but for other teams I don't recall seeing many starters. Anyone able to clarify?

Yeah I miss the old days where preseason game 3 was the one that truly mattered. 

Ever since they moved to a 3 game preseason, the teams are not aligned on when to play their starters. You would think that Game 2 would be the "dress rehearsal" game, but for a good portion of teams (i.e. the Eagles and Browns last night) - starters are still resting. 

IIRC starters don't really play at all Game 3 now.

Edited by therealmjl