• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robert Saleh is a blowhard douche

t96

On a related note, I’m curious where the narrative comes from that Saleh is a good coach. I don’t necessarily disagree or anything, I haven’t seen enough from him to make an opinion one way or the other. But I get the same vibes from when the “Rivera is a good coach” hype train was rolling, especially the years Cam (and Luke and TD and Norman, etc) won him CotY.  It was obvious to anyone actually watching that Rivera was a terrible coach but the media and, by extension of the media, ignorant fans would parrot this idea endlessly until it just became generally accepted. Happens in many other cases as well, but I’m just wondering if this is another one of those or if there is actually something to back up the narrative that Saleh is a good coach. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze

1 hour ago, TheCasillas said:

He is probably really worried about the Aaron Rodgers injury.. its the second time Aaron has hurt his calf.

Calf strains can be difficult to overcome depending on severity.  I had one when I played soccer.  I took off 2 months to let it heal, felt great, came back and reinjured it almost right away.  I had to take 4 months off for it to finally heal.  Four months from now will be nearly end of the season.  It felt like someone inserted a hot knife into my calf.  Very painful.

Edited by Lame Duck

36 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

On a related note, I’m curious where the narrative comes from that Saleh is a good coach. I don’t necessarily disagree or anything, I haven’t seen enough from him to make an opinion one way or the other. But I get the same vibes from when the “Rivera is a good coach” hype train was rolling, especially the years Cam (and Luke and TD and Norman, etc) won him CotY.  It was obvious to anyone actually watching that Rivera was a terrible coach but the media and, by extension of the media, ignorant fans would parrot this idea endlessly until it just became generally accepted. Happens in many other cases as well, but I’m just wondering if this is another one of those or if there is actually something to back up the narrative that Saleh is a good coach. 

Worth noting that his record with the Jets the past 2 years is actually 1 win worse than the Panthers' record the past 2 years, with most of that having Matt fuging Rhule coaching. Both teams have had equally shitty QBs I'd say so that's not a good excuse for Saleh.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

Worth noting that his record with the Jets the past 2 years is actually 1 win worse than the Panthers' record the past 2 years, with most of that having Matt fuging Rhule coaching. Both teams have had equally shitty QBs I'd say so that's not a good excuse for Saleh.

Wasn't one of Rhule's few victories over the Jets? 🤔

2 hours ago, t96 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/jets-cancel-second-day-joint-130344373.html

This dude literally fuging described (in bold) what the jets did to us after we whooped them in the first practice and their narrative was we were soft for cancelling the 2nd practice for a legit reason with the rain. fug them, I hate the patriots with a passion but I hope the douchebag jets finish last in their division and miss the playoffs

That wasn't a Jets narrative. That was a Huddle narrative.

What is it about Aaron Rodgers that gets people going?

Nobody was talking about the Jets last season. Now they the biggest story in sports. All I see in Rodgers is a talented QB who has underachieved in the playoffs. If you look behind the hype he hasn't been to a SB in over a decade!

Guy gets more hype than Tom Brady.

Just now, CamWhoaaCam said:

What is it about Aaron Rodgers that gets people going?

Nobody was talking about the Jets last season. Now they the biggest story in sports. All I see in Rodgers is a talented QB who has underachieved in the playoffs. If you look behind the hype he hasn't been to a SB in over a decade!

Guy gets more hype than Tom Brady.

He's kind of a douche

• Pie 1